• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Edit/Add to Drum Set List in FR-8x

DizzyFingers

Reaction score
My first foray into this forum has to be very esoteric. With a month on a new Roland, I want to assign 7 specific percussion sounds to the 7 lowest keys on the right hand. I've used the 'Low/High' split and grabbed various sounds from the drum set list. However, it seems that all 7 are sequential within each list. The sounds that I want are not sequentially located on any of the 18 drum sets. Can I add a 19th drum set by editing one and saving as number 19? Or is there another solution?

To each forum member, thank you. It seems that I've read every thread in preparation for my new accordion.

Honestly, I am not the best programmer in the world, but I do not think so. However, you are going to get the greatest variation of drum sounds by activating FREE BASS and then turning on the drum sounds. That reassigns a ton of effects to the bass buttons.

Thanks for the input. That thought did cross my mind. When I sit at a drum set, everything is in reach. I was hoping to have that luxury with the keys and their assigned sounds.

Back