• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Easy money

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit like some buskers with little musical ability, yet they still make money.

An eastern European was 'performing' Le onde del Danubio in my local shopping centre recently playing the melody, sort of, in one key and one chord throughout in a different key with the left hand and people were throwing money at her. (Presumably to go away)
Come back Les Dawson lol.

My husband spotted a pretty eastern european girl with an accordion sitting in a market town close to us. She had her accordion strapped on, and just sat there smiling, no music, just smiles! :D

In Germany, a lot of Eastern Europeans use battered old accordions, playing the most rudimentary tunes over & over to qualify as buskers rather than beggars. It does not help the reputation of the instrument!

At least nobody tries that trick with a bagpipe. I might give it a go next time I go to the Fatherland...

Anyanka said:
Eastern Europeans use battered old accordions, playing the most rudimentary tunes over & over to qualify as buskers rather than beggars. It does not help the reputation of the instrument!
I have also thought of this. Will this effect people's view on the accordion? Will they get interested or look down on it?

I don't think that Eastern European buskers have much to do with the reputation of the instrument. Saying that, the fag held whilst playing doesn't help either!

I have far more problems with classical musicians who look down their noses at me and said "Oh, folk" when I've said I play the accordion. :evil:

<FONT font=Garamond><SIZE size=125><COLOR color=#0040FF>Reminds me of this one...

Attachments

• Food.jpg
    Food.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 918
Nonny Mouse said:
I have far more problems with classical musicians who look down their noses at me and said Oh, folk when Ive said I play the accordion. :evil:

Hahaha, thats a very strange reaction in my opinion. For me, its always the opposite :) More like, OH!!!! FOLK?!! :eek:

Sometimes I want to give money as they begin to sing at the accodeonmuziek :D

Ron P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back