• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

do cats like accordions?

My own cat (now deceased) would if indoors come up to me, while I was playing and, with a concerned, earnest expression, would vocalise.
If outdoors, it would do the same thing outside by the window.?
Your cat may be more discerning than mine?

I have two moggies - one vanishes at the first indication that I might start making unpleasant noises on the big black box, the other just sits there in total distain at my feeble efforts at extracting music from the thing.

I can't offer any input either direction on cats. But can confirm that 3 dogs have no particular reaction to my playing, not coming closer, not running away, not howling, just carrying on just as if I was, say, standing at the sink doing dishes.

Interestingly 2 of the 3 had a distinct aversion to my violin playing.

My cat tends to do the same thing. When she's had enough of my practice sessions she'll open my armoire door and jump in for some peace and quiet.

She enjoys lounging in my accordion case though. 😸

Back