• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Detailed on SongbookPlus app bk-7m | Korg PA3x |

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for sharing your workflow

On Android there really isn't much competition, although with some effort you can get close

What I'm missing is is one Android app to RULE them all, except I need several when I want to mix sheet, music, .abc or shorthand, lyrics etc. to get a proper presentation and flexibility for live use.

I've been searching for something like this for years. I have a Bk7m and the Fr8x and just play along by using my FC-7. How do you save those songs? Does the sheet music appear on your tablet so that you can follow along? Will this work on an Android?

here is a video explaining the Songbook app from the iPad screen which I recorded...

Thanks for your video. When you say registrations, do you mean a music backing style from one of the rhythm families? I own the Bk7m and use it with my FR8X. It seems that this APP would be super convenient but I am trying to determine that this will work as I think that it will. I don't use an iPad so would need to get one and it seems like I have far too much technology now. I don't mind the investment if it simplifies a performance, I don't need the technology for its own sake.

I also own an air-turn pedal which I hoped to use with an earlier APP but it didn't work well. I have many pages of songs and it would be nice to leave the binders at home because most of them are already saved in PDF format. From what I determined from your video it would be fine to select the style of song from the APP and play along because the sheet music is saved. I also own the FC-7 pedal so it would be very easy to perform this way.

I would have to figure out how to customize song settings to further refine my performance with custom backing sounds, but that could follow in time. Thanks in advance for any assistance and guidance.

1. I've been searching for something like this for years.
2. I have a Bk7m and the Fr8x and just play along by using my FC-7.
3. How do you save those songs?
4. Does the sheet music appear on your tablet so that you can follow along?
5. Will this work on an Android?
1. Me too!
2. Me too, but I use a custom foot pedal set that does the same.
3. They're saved in PDF format.
4. No, but I believe you can get a moving cursor to follow along. I don't use that function, so do not know much about it.
5. There is an Android version of it, I, like Larry, use the iPad/Apple versions.

See THIS thread for how to set it up with an 8X/BK-7m setup.

1. Me too!
2. Me too, but I use a custom foot pedal set that does the same.
3. They're saved in PDF format.
4. No, but I believe you can get a moving cursor to follow along. I don't use that function, so do not know much about it.
5. There is an Android version of it, I, like Larry, use the iPad/Apple versions.

See THIS thread for how to set it up with an 8X/BK-7m setup.
I have an Android setup consisting of an old Samsung Galaxy tablet loaded with MobileSheets Pro.
I load tunes in Pdf and have a cheap Chinese bluetooth foot pedal page turner.
All works perfectly for me, although I tend to try and not use it too much as I'm trying to remember the tune from memory.

I've *just* started using a PDF viewer and page turner and I also can see where using it minimally or not at all when playing from memory being the better choice. That said, the big advantage that I see to my setup is that it via simply pressing a foot pedal to change to the next song, can send signals that completely reprogram the 8X to the set/register or UPG/register and BK internal or custom performance set, which is a huge time saver if playing live, and if not live, is still very convenient (that and being untethered are my 2 favorite points).

Hi Jerry, sorry, I meant to reply to Valski's post.
In my case, I only ever play at home to myself or , on occasion, I might visit a piping pal who also plays a diatonic box.
My setup is purely to save me carrying stacks of A4 ring binders with me, as every thing is on the tablet.
My whole outfit probably cost less than £60.00 so there is no comparison to yours, but it serves my purpose. :)

I've *just* started using a PDF viewer and page turner and I also can see where using it minimally or not at all when playing from memory being the better choice. That said, the big advantage that I see to my setup is that it via simply pressing a foot pedal to change to the next song, can send signals that completely reprogram the 8X to the set/register or UPG/register and BK internal or custom performance set, which is a huge time saver if playing live, and if not live, is still very convenient (that and being untethered are my 2 favorite points).
I really like your setup, but was hoping to avoid investing in another pedal. I already own an Airturn bt-105, an FC-7 and formerly an FC-300. Do you think that I could adapt the Airturn to use? I guess that using the IPad wouldn't be too much of a problem, just trying to avoid a possible expense.

While the wireless solution for connecting the accordion which you presented is amazing, however I would be fine using cables when performing in a larger room since I have created a harness which manages the cables. I would only need the wireless pedal to control the BK7M and Fr8x. Do you think that I could control the APP with just 2 pedals or should I just find one like yours?

Not 100% sure since I don't have any way to try, but there is a good reason that if you have 1-2 spare buttons on the current pedal, there should be a way to make it work. The thing is to what level?
- To turn pages back and forth, sure, that would be relatively easy with the iPad and BT pedal.
- To reprogram the 8X and BK as the page turns? That requires bi-directional MIDI connectivity between the iPad, BK and 8X.

It would depend on your requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back