• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Demonstration of 10 musette tunings by Liberty Bellows

Scuromondo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on my way to meet the owner of Compadre accordion who wants 30 cents in the middle of the keyboard.
Should I offer him a set of ear-muffs?
Maybe just tune each note to the next semitone and tell him you’ll give him 100 instead of only 30.
😉

Last edited:

Pipemajor

Reaction score
Thanks for the very generous offer but I'll give it a miss.

Some day, when covid is over and I can play better, I'll go to an accordion shop and try out all the toys :)
Then when I know what I really want next I'll get a cheap one and fix it up.
Hi Glug, I hope you didn't misconstrue my offer. I'm not wanting to sell it, I just thought, as it's not being used, you may like to try a Musette tuned box.

Pipemajor

Reaction score
No problem, I understood perfectly :)

I did have a recent phase of wanting to try a (Victoria Super) musette box but now I think violin is going to sound the same to me until I can play better or develop a better ear. I will try one at some point.

On the other hand I do have an Orfeo LMM: https://www.accordionists.info/threads/converting-a-lmmh-accordion-to-mmm.7558/
Thanks Glug. I just didn't want you to think I was trying to push a sneaky sale.
By the way I think you will find full musette versus violin a totally different animal no matter how your hearing is :eek: