• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Damaged or not viable accordion

Clairejen

Reaction score
I have a yen to try making a street organ or organette based on accordion reed blocks and valves. Not a new concept, I've read of others experimenting with this. In order to have an initial play around I'm looking to get hold of a defunct instrument to recycle. The bellows, keys, bass buttons and cosmetic appearance are of no concern. I could buy something inexpensive on Ebay or FB Marketplace, but I thought I'd ask here first in case anyone in the PE30 area has anything of the kind that they want rid of.

I have a yen to try making a street organ or organette based on accordion reed blocks and valves. Not a new concept, I've read of others experimenting with this. In order to have an initial play around I'm looking to get hold of a defunct instrument to recycle. The bellows, keys, bass buttons and cosmetic appearance are of no concern. I could buy something inexpensive on Ebay or FB Marketplace, but I thought I'd ask here first in case anyone in the PE30 area has anything of the kind that they want rid of.
@Clairejen did you get something sorted out for this?

Have you put a request on Freecycle? I did and got 2 boxes - one in good order and one scrapper which had useable parts - worth an ask.

Back