• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Correct fingering for a Three Row CBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daddy Long Les

Hi,

You may have seen that I have a Roland FR-18 and I've programmed it to be a three row CBA. Please take a look at my attached layout.

The thing is, before I go on, I want to know what is the best way to finger the major scales? To start with, I want to practise the C major scale ascending and descending starting on the C which is button three, row nearest the right hand. I know there is a lot of debate about whether to use the thumb or not - I'm happy to be persuaded either way. Please remember, I've only got THREE ROWS.

After a few attempts, this is what I've come up with. It works for the ascending and descending scale:-

Thumb, Index, Middle, Index, Middle, Ring, Index, Ring, Index, Ring, Middle, Index, Middle, Index, Thumb

I have been learning the melodeon for two years but I figure because of the problem I have with the bellows on the FR-18, this might make better use of it.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me

Les

Attachments

• Chromatic C-System Treble Layout Mark 2.pdf
    66.6 KB · Views: 102
You may want to order the Anzaghi method book, has suggested scales and many other excercises, music etc. It is rather expensive, over 30.00 USD when I bought my copy.
However, Anzaghi himself suggests that there is no set way to play the scale on a CBA so if you are comfortable with your progress then that may be enough. I did use the thumb while playing the C system but never with my three row b bayan.
good luck

Daddy Long Les said:
A Roland FR-18 and Ive programmed it to be a three row CBA.

A diatonic V-Accordion programmed to be a 3 row CBA.
Now thats an interesting move.
18 bass. How did you program the basses? Fundamental, Major, Minor?
And does the Key Change option work on this new programmed version?
If yes, you only need to learn one scale.
Speaker less accordion, the only setback.

Edit: off topic I guess, sorry, I didnt see the thread on the digital forum.

I have found that I find it more comfortable/smoother to play the a,b,c run using the thumb for a and c.
It felt clumsy at first but I think it makes it an easier stretch to the b and d.

Larry Anthony said:
Thanks for posting this Larry, I had seen this before, it happens that I own a bayan like the second one shown on the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back