• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Controlling USB recorded audio level

Polopudding

Reaction score
One of my favourite features of the Roland FRX range of accordions is that you can play recorded audio and play along with it, I find this invaluable for learning songs especially when I can record audio from Youtube at a slower speed without changing the pitch. However, my question is how can I control the level of the audio I am playing? Sometimes I like to vary it but I cannot lower the recorded volume without lowering the accordion volume as well. I have got around this problem by recording my songs at various volume levels but is there a more convenient method?

What model V-Accordion do you own? Most accordions that can have that adjusted can do it via menu settings. For example for the 8X, it is menu 14.4:
Setting varies from 0-100, 100 is the default. "If the playback of audio file seems too loud or too soft, you may want to change the audio level.
NOTE The “WAV/MP3 LEVEL” doesn’t adjust the Audio Looper level."

The second way is to get to know how you like the volume and record it externally, export to desired volume levels (will take some trial and error), then just play at default settings.

One of my favourite features of the Roland FRX-1 accordion is that you can play recorded audio and play along with it, I find this invaluable for learning songs especially when I can record audio from Youtube at a slower speed without changing the pitch. However, my question is how can I control the level of the audio I am playing? Sometimes I like to vary it but I cannot lower the recorded volume without lowering the accordion volume as well. I have got around this problem by recording my songs at various volume levels but is there a more convenient method?
What model V-Accordion do you own? Most accordions that can have that adjusted can do it via menu settings. For example for the 8X, it is menu 14.4:
Setting varies from 0-100, 100 is the default. "If the playback of audio file seems too loud or too soft, you may want to change the audio level.
NOTE The “WAV/MP3 LEVEL” doesn’t adjust the Audio Looper level."

The second way is to get to know how you like the volume and record it externally, export to desired volume levels (will take some trial and error), then just play at default settings.
Hi Jerry,
I have the FRX-1, the baby of the family.

I have the FRX-1, the baby of the family.
So do I. My advice is print out the manual and keep it handy. The FR1x has many useful controls including adjusting the playback volume on backing tracks but the clock radio style display doesn’t lend itself to memorable abbreviations!

So do I. My advice is print out the manual and keep it handy. The FR1x has many useful controls including adjusting the playback volume on backing tracks but the clock radio style display doesn’t lend itself to memorable abbreviations!
Ahhhh, thank you Dan, indeed it does. Your reply is very much appreciated.

Back