• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Come in those with finely tuned ears

I think it's both. An MM register with very mild tremolo (not very wet as often used in this music), reverb and additional backing tracks... it all helps to create a sweet sound.
(I only listened to part of one song. The link leads to a page with an uninteresting trailer without accordion.)

I checked out a couple of clips but each is different,
a lot is playback over a different recording

Indifferent is playback front to back
La Banquet looks like a live recording but is not, but not much editing to the sound, there is the glockenspiel which seems edited in

Autumn Leaves seems a live recording which is very nice indeed

Light post processing, and a great mic, is doing some favors, but I think the most favors are done by the performer just having very excellent expression and phrasing.

Yep, we had a bandoneon clip recently that was quite airbrushed and also had lots of montage editing that glossed over phrase breaks. But . . . it was still super-duper lovely.

Back