• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

christmas came early! (Hohner Claviola project)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowpipe restoration​

I got some time to concern myself with the Claviola today so I went out and tried to salvage the original blowpipe.

before(1).jpg
Before: the original black paint with chips and dents, and the broken ABS mouthpiece

As I don't have a 3d printer I needed to fix this mouthpiece first. I found the €2 melodica default pieces to be a perfect fit inside this brass tube. Then gave the tube a sanding.

DSC_0032.jpg
After sanding en press fitting the new mouthpiece.

after(1).jpg
End result: blowpipe can be inserted both ways (after moving the mouthpiece over) to facilitate two different playing positions.

Need to polish that brass now!

Hope someone got this rarity generated by impersonal algorithm capturing the vast market of “gifts for Claviola players”

See also, the remarkably wide range of “Accordion Tuner” wear. My personal favorite includes a typo to show that handmade attention to detailCoffee mug with text the day I stop playing my clever Yola is the day I stop breathingBack of a red hoodie with a flying eagle crest and the text, typo included: Never under estimate the power an Accordion tuner.

Hope someone got this rarity generated by impersonal algorithm capturing the vast market of “gifts for Claviola players”

See also, the remarkably wide range of “Accordion Tuner” wear. My personal favorite includes a typo to show that handmade attention to detailCoffee mug with text the day I stop playing my clever Yola is the day I stop breathingBack of a red hoodie with a flying eagle crest and the text, typo included: Never under estimate the power an Accordion tuner.
I found that I stop breathing when I play Claviola ?

must work on my breathing technique!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back