• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Chord Button Repairing?

Thunder_Cat7

Reaction score
Heyo, hopefully this is the right section.

I got an old Titano Titan that I use commonly, but the acrylic buttons are rotting and the G just fractured off before disintegration in my hand, with 2 other buttons fractured off also.

Is there anyway to replace the buttons as I really like this accordion?

Thanks for any suggestions and help.

Is there anyway to replace the buttons as I really like this accordion?
Hi TC,
If you peruse the threads here, you will find the problem has been mainly handled in two ways:
1) You can buy plastic replacement bass buttons in various sizes from accordion parts suppliers ( on eBay).
2) You can buy acrylic rod of a suitable diameter and cut, shape and drill bass
buttons to fit your accordion!🙂
Some buttons are glued on, some screwed.
I've no idea which variety yours are🤔🙂
But, you can probably work it out by testing (a broken) one to destruction.🙂

Last edited:
Here's one fairly extensive thread on the topic.🙂
Here's another:

Last edited:
Hi TC,
If you peruse the threads here, you will find the problem has been mainly handled in two ways:
1) You can buy plastic replacement bass buttons in various sizes from accordion parts suppliers ( on eBay).
2) You can buy acrylic rod of a suitable diameter and cut, shape and drill bass
buttons to fit your accordion!🙂
Some buttons are glued on, some screwed.
I've no idea which variety yours are🤔🙂
But, you can probably work it out by testing (a broken) one to destruction.🙂
Most buttons are neither glued on, nor screwed. They are a "press fit". You put them on by just pressing them on the piston, and turning/wiggling may help to make this easier, but although you may perform a turning motion there are no threads on the pistons, nor inside the buttons.

I use buttons from old parts accordions. I heat the rod with a soldering iron to pull off the same diameter buttons with a twistng motion. To get them to the same level as the old button I ream the hole if necessary and use an adhesive glue. If they are breaking up you have to do them all.
If the buttons are larger, or if the holes have shrunk, these can be reamed out with sandpaper around a dowel.

Back