• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Changing the black and white buttons around

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daddy Long Les

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the arrangement of black and white buttons on a Roland FR1XB to reflect a B system set-up?

Thanks for any help

Les

The Roland FR- 1,3,5and 7 button keyboard (b) models have treble button tops that can be un-screwed and replaced in a "C" or "B" system layout. You can find this in your owners manual and if you don't have one you can down load one from rolandus.com and look under support. JIM D.

JIM D. said:
The Roland FR- 1,3,5and 7 button keyboard (b) models have treble button tops that can be un-screwed and replaced in a C or B system layout. You can find this in your owners manual and if you dont have one you can down load one from rolandus.com and look under support. JIM D.
Thanks Jim - preciate it!! ;)

Or you could do it so that the keyboard spelt out your initials, had vertical stripes etc.

In my response to the button post earlier I feel I should have mentioned that the treble button tops on Roland FR-1,3,5.and 7 models use interchangeable colors of Roland design. The new FR-8xb will have button tops that can be interchanged with the industry standard tops used on German,Italian and Russian accordions. JIM D.

Related question - almost certainly for JIM D:

If I try out the 3 + 3 arrangement the Ab and C and E marker buttons will be on the wrong row.
I've had a gentle tug but am hesitant to use too much force.
How straightforward is it to change L-hand buttons and any things to avoid?
Similarly I'd like to use the Freebass option so would find it useful to mark the F and C.
Many thanks to anyone who has tried - and succeeded.

The treble buttons will unscrew with a bit of pressure, they are applied snuggly from the factory. As for the bass buttons you will find they remove easily with just a fingernail. When replacing a bass button top I use needle nose pliers to hold the button when inserting a button top. JIM D.

Why interchange the colour of bass buttons?
You can't see them anyway whilst playing.

In the case of bass buttons you have a choice of dimpled, serrated and round button tops to apply to the tops of your bass buttons for feel to navigate when you are playing .Its the same as a blind person that uses the braille system to read without eyesight. The colors or colours of these bass buttons are a matter of cosmetic choice. JIM D.

Many thanks JIMD - now I just have to find the courage to use a pair of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back