• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Changing my profile from Beginner....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Galingale

Hi

I'm happy to say that I am no longer a beginner! How do I change my profile on the Accordionists Forum? I've tried to find how to do it but can't.
Thanks

I believe your profile is dependent on the number of posts you make and not on your actual playing ability. It's a bit of fun. :D

As Reedwarbler says, the 'beginner' tag refers to your status on this forum, and is updated automatically! However, other aspects of your profile can be changed in the User Control Panel (see menu bar at the top of the page).

I have the laughable status of 'Expert' which has been achieved almost entirely from playing the music game. In reality, I still consider myself a beginner

Just noticed the geographic proximity of geoff and Anyanka...if my memory serves me correctly. Been a long time since I was in uk but I expect geoff, you'd be close by deceptive bends?
Apologies for taking thread OT.

truthinbeer said:
Been a long time since I was in uk but I expect geoff, youd be close by deceptive bends?
This is too cryptic for me. Im flummoxed :?

It did seem a bit bizarre to me that Paul Hutchinson got labelled as a "Beginner" when he posted on this website...

Are these questions serious..? Your status on here is exactly that. Nothing to do with your skill on the instrument. If it was it would be equally ridiculous that I achieved a 'should get out more'...

truthinbeer said:
Just noticed the geographic proximity of geoff and Anyanka...if my memory serves me correctly. Been a long time since I was in uk but I expect geoff, youd be close by deceptive bends?
Apologies for taking thread OT.

I think Im closer than Geoff - they are situated between two place names much loved by American visitors: Dorking (home of my Morris side) and Leatherhead.

truthinbeer said:
Been a long time since I was in uk but I expect geoff, youd be close by deceptive bends?
This is too cryptic for me. Im flummoxed :?[/quote]

Anyanka is on the money geoff. Is the road sign still there Anyanka? It is a strange one for a road sign, the only one of that descriptor I believe in UK. The 70s band 10cc whose members lived in the area at the time named one of their albums after it.

Adjacent to deceptive bends was a funny (strange) pub, that was more or less a house, up in a field on the hill and backing the woods. If you were sat outside drinking at dusk you could see badgers.

Again apologies for OT. ;)

Last time I drove down that road (two weeks ago), I had an injured hedgehog on the passenger seat (yes, that's the kind of life I lead), so my mind was on other things ;) I'll look out for the sign next time we go that way. Not sure about the pub either - it could have been the King William IV which is still in business. I've never had a pint there, maybe it's time to try.

Anyanka said:
Last time I drove down that road (two weeks ago), I had an injured hedgehog on the passenger seat (yes, that's the kind of life I lead), so my mind was on other things ;) I'll look out for the sign next time we go that way. Not sure about the pub either - it could have been the King William IV which is still in business. I've never had a pint there, maybe it's time to try.

Good job caring for the hedgehog...that's my sort of gig too.
I think that was the name of the pub...we are talking the 70's.

I really enjoyed listening to the clips on your band site. Looks like a lot of fun. Something for me to aspire to if I progress beyond beginner. ;)

Off tread ???

JIM D. said:
Off tread ???
Hi Jim, technically yes, but I did mention beginner in the last post. The thread had really been put to rest early on so a little thread creep is not so bad whilst we get to exchange pleasantries.
Liked your link to Trail Rides btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back