• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Central Atlantic area USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike K

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any members of clubs in the area around Virginia USA.   There is a small one in Richmond but mostly beginners.

Mike K said:
Just wondering if there are any members of clubs in the area around Virginia USA.   There is a small one in Richmond but mostly beginners.

Hope you find one in your area! That's more than what is in South Carolina. There are goose egg number of accordion clubs. I guess no one plays. I could start my own club, but wait... I guess I am the club  :p

Valde002 said:
Hope you find one in your area! That's more than what is in South Carolina. There are goose egg number of accordion clubs. I guess no one plays. I could start my own club, but wait... I guess I am the club  :p

When there are no clubs, that is the best time to start one in your area and learn to market it like an event... those accordion players will come out of the wood-works from places you won't believe!

The hard part to maintain any kind of a club is to maintain regular event consistency, always keep it a high level of fun and both make it the same AND different at each event.  Introduce each new member as a valued member, if they play, ask them to play to start off the evening and offer the right kind of display of appreciation, no matter what they play.  Plan ahead, but not too far ahead and honor some of the old traditions... like having an Octoberfest event in October, a Latin Music day around the week of May 5th (Cinco de mayo), Italian, French days and do different kind of stuff (Lawrence Welk night, Rock on the accordion, Classical music night, duos, trios, groups, all participating members of that night and so on!).  Invite higher level people to help promote the accordion is another idea.

Promote it far and wide, start small and enjoy every second of it!

Oops... think I went slightly off topic.  Sorry.  :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back