• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

castlefidardo visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smdc66

no connection whatsoever but recently read this on a leyland accordion club newsletter:-

Peter Le Geyt (A Member of Guildford Accordion Club) is organising a trip to Castlefidardo, For those of you who many not know, Castlefidardo is the Accordion Capital of the world where there are going on for 30 Accordion factories.
The Trip is from the 6th - 10th May 2014 5 Days(4 Nights) The Proposed Itinerary for the Trip includes Flights, Hotel Accommodation with Breakfast, Coach Transport Throughout, Factory visits, Places Of Interest, Group Dinner with Drinks, Entertainment and Accordions to play throughout the stay. Tuesday 6th May - Depart London Heathrow 8:40am Arrive Bologna 11:45am. Private Coach travel to Castlefidardo, Check in at Hotel Parco. Time Afterwards For Those Interested to Visit the Accordion Museum. Wednesday 7th May - Morning Factory Visit (Split Between Scandalli/Paolo Soprani and Beltuna) Afternoon Free with Optional Visit in the Afternoon to see the Worlds' Largest Working Accordion. Thursday 8th May - Depart 9am For Roland Factory to see Digital Accordions being made and an Opportunity to try out the latest models including the new Dallape-Roland. Free Afternoon Friday 9th May - Free Day with Optional Visits to Alessandrini Accordions, Binci Reeds, Zero Sette/Bugari (Same Factory) For Those Interested other smaller factories and music shops are within walking distance of the hotel. Group Dinner. Saturday 10th May - Depart for Bologna 9:30am Free time in Bologna for around 5 hours before Flight at 6:55pm arriving 7:55pm at Heathrow.
Prices Per Person Between: Sharing Double/Twin Room £560-£595 Single (Limited Single Rooms) £595-£628 Double for Single Use £635-£669 (Based On minimum of 20 Persons) Final Price will depend on Flight Situation Once Minimum Numbers are Achieved. No Payments will be processed until a minimum of 20 confirmed bookings. Deposits are Due by 31st July 2013 Balance Due by 5th March 2014.
If you would like more information or to book contact Peter - (<EMAIL email="plg@plgmarketing.com">plg@plgmarketing.com</EMAIL>)

I've heard these trips to castelfidardo are great - the only thing is, by the time you've lost your self control and ordered another accordion while you were out there, the trips's not as cheap as you thought it was going to be...

This sounds fun! Soon after I started trying to learn the accordion, I was living in Italy for a few months with not much to do. But I didn't realise at that time just how central to the accordion world it was. Had I known about Castelfidardo, I would definitely have made a couple of trips there from Padua (only a couple of 100 km away). I still want to go there but maybe I'll wait until I have a LOT of money to spend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back