• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Can' t Help Falling in Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piotr

Reaction score
This is my one of over 70 records on YT :)

<YOUTUBE id=4D8JGJeefd8 url=></YOUTUBE>

best
Piotr

It's really nice, but I feel the background is distracting a little from your playing.

From the point of view of a professional photographer/novice videographer, there is something called the rule of thirds, this is where you place the main subject in the center of one of the 9 possible quadrants. They call this a rule, I call it a suggestion because having everything in the center is boring, but taking something too far to one side or another hurts more than it helps. You, as the main subject of the video, appear a little bit too small, making it harder for a fellow accordionist to be able to clearly see your hands (especially the left hand due to your angle and technique of pulling the accordion bellows a bit behind you). Also, be very careful about where the video "cuts". Never crop the picture right at a body joint (knee, wrist, elbow, ankle), it makes the illusion of an amputation to the viewers. Finally, and this can be a little embarrassing to discuss, but please watch out for what are called "crotch shots". There are several ways to deal with this, either looser clothing, a change in angle or a change in how the accordion is seated (the last being the least desirable if you are a tall person, but it is an option).

Since you obviously enjoy graphic effects, and are quite good at it, try multiple camera angles, close-ups of the face and fingers and what not, but remember, the focus should always be on the music first, the artist second and special effects last. Finally, be careful of the quality of the video that you upload. I find that the quality is a little less sharp at full screen. Normally I "create" the videos at 1080P and then export to 720P to YouTube, this results in slightly better quality.

I also use several hints that I discuss in a new blog post that am releasing very soon (next couple of days perhaps), It's a little video on the technicalities of how to get better quality results with a lower end video camera, and I hope this helps others who want to also make videos.

Overall, you play really well, are very photogenic, and I love the tone of your accordion... nice job!!

Hi JerryPH, thank you very much for your suggestions :)
Maybe give me some examples of well-recorded accordion movies on YT?
Sometimes it is enough to see once than to read and misunderstand...
I would like to see further my productions even better :)

Massive sound you've squeezed out of that Guilletti there....<EMOJI seq="1f60a">?</EMOJI>
Jerry I look forward to learning how to squeeze better quality vids from my dodgy camera phone <EMOJI seq="1f609">?</EMOJI>

Thanks losthobos
This is SONOLA ACADEMY V ;)

Awesome, can't help falling in love with this one. Elvis would be proud.

And another accordion with this piece and backing track:

PS, my wife really loves it and wants me to play it, is the backing track available?

Thank you Tom. This one is my own. I prepared it myself

Reactions: Tom
Well done, Piotr!
Excellent choice, well rendered ??
BTW is the professional looking, silver microphone we see in your videos the only microphone being used to capture the sound, or are there others ( out of sight) also being used??

Last edited:
Well done, Piotr!
Excellent choice, well rendered ??
BTW is the professional looking, silver microphone we see in your videos the only microphone being used to capture the sound, or are there others ( out of sight) also being used??
I use always 2 microphones - one for left and one right side - Audio Technica AT 2020

Yes, they are relative cheap and sounds good with good accordion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back