• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Can anyone help

Ginge

Reaction score
Hi
I have come to acquire an accordion made by paolo soprani.. it’s been in the family since I was about 7-8 years old I’m now 41…can anyone give me any info on the model , age and current value… and possibly a place where I can sell it.. somewhere it will be appreciated it as it’s no use to me.
Here are a few pics any info will be appreciated

IMG_8941.jpegIMG_8941.jpegIMG_8943.jpeg

Welcome Ginge!🙂
It's a very basic beginner's instrument, 32 basses / 27 treble keys, possibly 2 voices, from the late 1940s to early 1950s
But: it's made by a good maker, is a good colour, in good cosmetic condition, and there's been a glimmer of interest in these beasties among street musicians, buskers, wandering minstrels, and folk musicians, for all of whom such an instrument is often quite ample.🙂
Does it have a box?
Around here they are advertised for $200 to
$300(+) asking price but may actually fetch less .
Check to see that all keys and buttons work on both voices on both the pull and the push of the bellows and that there is no musty or tobacco smoke smell: condition is everything!
Make sure not to cach either your fingers or the shoulder straps under the protruding ends of the keys!!! Lifting the instrument by grabbing it under the key ends will bend the keys out of line: big expense!😳
You can try selling by direct advertisement in your local paper, notice board, trash & treasure/boot sale market, local music instrument shop, a shop window in your main stree, even here in the forum.
Good luck!🙂
Here's something similar in action:
Another:
These guys built a career by including something similar in their repertoire:

Last edited:
and possibly a place where I can sell it.. somewhere it will be appreciated it as it’s no use to me.
I see you have an accordion dealer in your locality who has a line in used instruments.
They could value your accordion and possibly sell it for you for a commission, of course. 🙂
See here:

Back