• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

book for reversed c-griff freebass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another small 'push' trying to find the OP find an answer.
Learning fingering should be no big deal.
I don't think MIII music is usually written with a particular fingering in mind.
So: another small 'plug' for the Abbott teaching material.
It's possible Abbott's books could have been written with the reversed layout in mind??
I reckon a man with 27 Concertos (i?) for accordion behind him has to be worth a try.
By the way:
It's arguable that a layout putting the higher notes under the more agile fingers is a bonus.
You could see your mistake as a huge piece of luck!

Richard, thank you very much for your information. I tried the sample page and it works for my reversed c griff bass.

https://www.stretta-music.com/en/ab...s-vol-2-accordeon-enseignement-nr-218306.html

By the way, would you have more information of the man with 27 concertos? Thanks.

Sorry I was not clear: 'a man' refers to Alain Abbott
Try here:
and also Alain Abbott wikipedia - you can get an English Translation

Good luck with your playing - you appear to have found an excellent instrument.
A thought:
When I started (with a mirrored layout) I found it useful to practise with simple piano music. This should be even more useful for you because the fingering will often be identical.
Best wishes

If you are interested in discovering the free bass harmonéon system, Pierre Monichon edited a 157 pages method for harmonéon in 1997 at Combre éditions.

I think it's no longer available in the Combre catalogue, but there are 2 copies in the national library of France in Paris.
Maybe some accordion teachers in France also have a copy of this harmonéon method in their personal sheet music collection.

GBP 4500 sounds about right for this instrument. It is low for a cassotto and convertor, but depends a lot on the age of the instrument. For an instrument of the older 580 series the price is right. You did not pay too much, but it also isn't the bargain of the century.
An older 580 for GBP 4500 is certainly the very best instrument you can get for that price. So consider yourself lucky!
Noted most of above.met Oleg Sharif the famous Russian bayan player years ago.
He was exhausting the Russian system.
I suggest learn as is as all Russian players appear yo us it.

Noted most of above.met Oleg Sharif the famous Russian bayan player years ago.
He was exhausting the Russian system.
I suggest learn as is as all Russian players appear yo us it.
Sorry loads of typos there in a rush.
Sharov Olec correct name or thereabouts.
He was explaining to me the circular concept from deep base notes on left up and around to the treble. finishing on higher octaves on treble side.
He was saying it was the best system.
So it must have some pros as most Russian instruments appear to use it and they are very successful with it.
Godgi.

I am new to accordion and I got a c griff accordion with converter bass, but with lowest at bottom and highest note on top of accordion.

I wonder if there is any book from Germany, Italy, USA/UK... etc which provide a guideline of the fingering of scale, appegios, broken chord or czerny-like exercise for this system?

Of course I can find my own fingering but just wonder if there is such a book in the world.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Well you are no longer alone! I have a reversed c system that I also got through being a little naive about free bass. Have you found any resources? I do find the bass fingering tricky, especially trying to play scales legato. Have you made progress with your free bass playing?

Well you are no longer alone! I have a reversed c system that I also got through being a little naive about free bass. Have you found any resources? I do find the bass fingering tricky, especially trying to play scales legato. Have you made progress with your free bass playing?
As there are many such B system accordions (with low notes at the bottom), have you considered learning material (probably Russian) for that instead looking for the illusive books on the C system with low notes at the bottom?
In any case it might not be impossible to just use any learning material for convertor, no matter which system.

As there are many such B system accordions (with low notes at the bottom), have you considered learning material (probably Russian) for that instead looking for the illusive books on the C system with low notes at the bottom?
In any case it might not be impossible to just use any learning material for convertor, no matter which system.
I have picked up Boris Borgstrom's "Progressive Method" and am adapting it as I go. Are the other free bass systems, such as mirrored c sytem also challenging to play legato? I find some of the finger crossings quite awkward when playing scales.

I have picked up Boris Borgstrom's "Progressive Method" and am adapting it as I go. Are the other free bass systems, such as mirrored c sytem also challenging to play legato? I find some of the finger crossings quite awkward when playing scales.
It is indeed surprising how much harder it is to play legato on the melody bass, which in my case is somewhat related to being used to 5 fingers on the treble side and being limited mostly to 4 on the bass side, and also related to the buttons being very small (compared to the treble side) and the hand being at an awkward angle so you don't have much room to place your fingers and do finger crossings. These problems happen more with different scales depending on whether you have C or B system and mirrored or not, but everyone runs into them. If music is written specifically for one system it can be hard on another system (but the same is true for the treble side), but if you just play arrangements of classical music it's not specifically written for any of the systems.

It is indeed surprising how much harder it is to play legato on the melody bass, which in my case is somewhat related to being used to 5 fingers on the treble side and being limited mostly to 4 on the bass side, and also related to the buttons being very small (compared to the treble side) and the hand being at an awkward angle so you don't have much room to place your fingers and do finger crossings. These problems happen more with different scales depending on whether you have C or B system and mirrored or not, but everyone runs into them. If music is written specifically for one system it can be hard on another system (but the same is true for the treble side), but if you just play arrangements of classical music it's not specifically written for any of the systems.
Thanks Paul, it's good to know we're all in the same boat. I am stuck with this accordion after all - it was you who told me, in another thread, that it would have to be the last one I ever bought. Overall, I'm happy with it. Lots to learn but it feels like a "real" instrument compared to my stradella accordions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back