• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Beginners' resources & FAQs

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Reaction score
Indeed it's for opening and closing the bellows without making a sound. All accordions have them in some form. For a beginner it's most useful for closing the bellows before you put your accordion away. Simple as that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

george garside

Prolific poster
Reaction score
the air button can also be used for 'feathering' a reversal of bellows direction to avoid a any 'lumpy' sound that may occur if for example a direction change is necessary mid phrase. just a tiny press and release of the air button as the bellows change direction does the trick. Of course where possible the bellows should be reversed between phrases.

george

Chris

Reaction score
Based on several reviews, for learning to play the accordion, the Palmer-Hughes series is highly regarded. Self-paced, it has been around since the 1960s.
I'd like to add my positive review for the Palmer-Hughes series; it was my primary source when I took lessons from 1958 to 1970. Outstanding and comprehensive series that taught all aspects of the piano accordion with a variety of excellent tunes designed to teach and refine technique as skill develops over the years.