• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Bandoneon

Klaus Gutjahr

Reaction score
Dear friends of the accordion and the bandoneon.
Since more than 65 years, I still playing the diatonic bandoneon. Since more than 49 years I'm are a professional teacher for my instrument. I've study bandoneon from 1968 at 1975 on the Music University in Berlin. Because in this are not factories in the world, they build the bandoneon. For this problem I've begann to build this instrument. First for my idea was every time the music. For this reason I like to a part of this forum.
I've look some discussion about the bandoneon and like to correct some basic information.
1) the bandoneon (diatonic) not more difficult to learn, like the accordion or other music instruments. You need only a good method to study with system.
2) The original sound you can get only with the diatonic system. ALL different chromatic systems sounds closed to the accordion sound.
This are the main things, which I like to inform. If any body like to get more real informations about the bandoneon, please let me know.
Sorry for my bed English and best Regards, Klaus

Attachments

• Schwarzes Band Eng.JPG
    Schwarzes Band Eng.JPG
    362 KB · Views: 1
Dear friends of the accordion and the bandoneon.
Since more than 65 years, I still playing the diatonic bandoneon.
Hello, and welcome!
2) The original sound you can get only with the diatonic system. ALL different chromatic systems sounds closed to the accordion sound.
I wonder how much of this holds for those Argentinian Tango players who play the instrument exclusively on the draw ("auf Zug"). Isn't more of the sound supposed to be due to compound zinc reed plates ("Zink-Verbundstimmplatten")?

Last edited:
Welcome Klaus!

The Argentine players play the most time in closed, because the old bandoneons don't sound in closed like open. The reason is: There are an error in the construction. In my instruments, I've corrected these problem.
Also I will tell you, that only the diatonic bandoneons have the original sound. All chromatic systems are sounding close the accordionsound. I'ts also a problem from the construction. But these you can't change.

Back