• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Aloha from Hawaii!

AccordionJustice

Reaction score
I'm a 19 (going on 20 in a few days) year old guy who just recently picked up the accordion in November of last year. The accordion is really my first instrument, excluding the 6 months of piano I took when I was 10 and I couldn't be more happy. I liked accordion before I got my hands on one but only when I started playing did I realize just how versatile the instrument is! I had no idea the accordion was capable of genres like jazz or classical, and its a big motivator for me to practice and get better to play those genres proficiently (not that I don't love a good polka 😄).

I excited to be apart of this forum and hope to have a blast!

I'm a 19 (going on 20 in a few days) year old guy who just recently picked up the accordion in November of last year. The accordion is really my first instrument, excluding the 6 months of piano I took when I was 10 and I couldn't be more happy. I liked accordion before I got my hands on one but only when I started playing did I realize just how versatile the instrument is! I had no idea the accordion was capable of genres like jazz or classical, and its a big motivator for me to practice and get better to play those genres proficiently (not that I don't love a good polka 😄).

I excited to be apart of this forum and hope to have a blast!
Welcome!

Welcome Justice! Hope you love it!

It's amazing just how under-rated the squeeze boxes are, isn't it.
Welcome to the forums.
It really is! They're just as versatile an instrument as the guitar or piano, and yet they don't get the same love. On my particular island Id be willing to bet good money I might even be the only accordionist!

You should meet Kalei Yamanoha, a terrific accordionist in Honolulu. He's also an accordion technician and ukulele luthier. A really good guy who used to live with me in New Orleans.
Funny you should mention that! I got in contact with Kalei a few months ago through your website to see if he would be willing to tune a new accordion of mine. Unfortunately the trip never happened because he ended up testing positive for COVID and canceled his flight. He seems like a nice guy though, and he's a great accordionist! :)(y)

Back