• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Adding MIDI ports to FR-7/5 and FR-7x

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentaprism

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some forum members sent me private messages regarding the modifications I made to my FR-7b, adding MIDI ports to the accordion (Reference: FBC-7 Eliminator).

I did the modifications a while back and unfortunately did not keep detailed record/photos. But here are some photos that may be able to help you. Adding the DC-in and the charging ports takes some planning, but adding the MIDI ports is a pretty simple modification, requiring only some basic soldering skills/tools.

To make future disassembly easy, I bundled all the added connections in a 9-pin Molex connector (white connector with blue marking tape). In a photo showing the inside of the accordion, you can see the MIDI out connector (at pen tip) and the WIDI Master MIDI out.

Disclaimer: I've been using the MIDI-out port, but have never tested the MIDI-in port.

Outside.jpgInside2.JPGInside1.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks to Pentaprism for info adding midi in the Fr7.
Now my Old Fr7 have midi port

Attachments

• DCC39E3D-A5EB-4665-B6F2-0B042658608E.jpeg
    DCC39E3D-A5EB-4665-B6F2-0B042658608E.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 33

Also comes with midi out.
No alterations to the accordion are necessary.

Great, Steffen (y). I'm glad I was able to help.

Some forum members sent me private messages regarding the modifications I made to my FR-7b, adding MIDI ports to the accordion (Reference: FBC-7 Eliminator).

I did the modifications a while back and unfortunately did not keep detailed record/photos. But here are some photos that may be able to help you. Adding the DC-in and the charging ports takes some planning, but adding the MIDI ports is a pretty simple modification, requiring only some basic soldering skills/tools.

To make future disassembly easy, I bundled all the added connections in a 9-pin Molex connector (white connector with blue marking tape). In a photo showing the inside of the accordion, you can see the MIDI out connector (at pen tip) and the WIDI Master MIDI out.

Disclaimer: I've been using the MIDI-out port, but have never tested the MIDI-in port.

Outside.jpgInside2.JPGInside1.JPG
Hi.Can you help me with to add midi to Roland fr7.Wiring diagram or pictures.Where to soldering the midi out wires on the board .Please. Tks

Hi.Can you help me with to add midi to Roland fr7.Wiring diagram or pictures.Where to soldering the midi out wires on the board .Please. Tks
See photo #1 in my post above. You can trace the wires from the existing 19-pin connector, splice them and connect them to the added MIDI connector.

I don't think you need any other diagram/picture.

See photo #1 in my post above. You can trace the wires from the existing 19-pin connector, splice them and connect them to the added MIDI connector.

I don't think you need any other diagram/picture.
Tks for help ! :) Work !

Cool, TubiCluj.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

It'll be even cooler if you add another MIDI-out port inside the accordion and plug in a WIDI Master. You'll have wireless MIDI.

It'll be even cooler if you add another MIDI-out port inside the accordion and plug in a WIDI Master. You'll have wireless MIDI.
With products from CME, that would be super easy and well hidden... of course he could also just plug in the wireless MIDI in to his new MIDI setup and have wireless MIDI in about 5 seconds too, just not as well hidden! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back