• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Accordion Jokes?

BellowBoy

Reaction score
Hello! I am new to the forum and the accordion, I was just curious if anyone knew some good accordion jokes. I mean that in the same sense as viola jokes—quips to exchange off-hand, funny stuff.

I don't know any, myself. I imagine most of the ones that exist, are not "friendly" to accordions. Even the jokes I've encountered here on this decidedly accordion-friendly forum, tend to be derogatory toward accordions and their players, aheh.

I will say I've been enjoying the humor in a recent thread on this forum, that started with this post on what style of accordion is fastest. Keep reading beyond that, and into the following pages, for better and better expansion of the discussion (interleaved throughout a more serious discussion, heh).

I don't know any, myself. I imagine most of the ones that exist, are not "friendly" to accordions. Even the jokes I've encountered here on this decidedly accordion-friendly forum, tend to be derogatory toward accordions and their players, aheh.

Indeed. As someone who plays accordion, recorder and viola... the "jokes" wore thin a long time ago!

Anyway, welcome to the forum @BellowBoy!

No actual accordion jokes come to mind, apart from adapted viola and banjo ones.

There are a couple of Ebay misdescriptions, queezebox and paino-accordion!

There was a drummer who was tired of all the drummer jokes so he decided to change instruments and take up the accordion. So he went to his local music store and asked to see the accordions. The owner said "they're at the back of the shop, have a look and let me know if any catch your eye ".
So he ventures to the back of the store and when he returns in a few minutes declares that he is interested in the big red one. The store owner says "you must be a drummer ". "How did you guess?" " The big red one is a radiator"!

well, a joke based on your other post..

make a right at the TexMex Steps in Rome Texas and drive until you
see CastleFidardo Tennessee for an accordion superstore

No actual accordion jokes come to mind, apart from adapted viola and banjo ones.

You know, that's true. I know a ton of accordion jokes, but I think you could substitute any other oft-maligned instrument into most of them and they'd still work.

• Leaving [an instrument] in your car and coming back to find two.
  • A gentleman knows how to play [an instrument], but doesn't.
  • [An instrument] is like a long trial--everyone is relieved when the case is closed.
  • The difference between [an instrument] and a trampoline is that you take your shoes off before you jump up and down on a trampoline.

We need more accordion-specific jokes!

The only ones I can think of off the top of my head is the "Ladies in Pain" one, and "What's an accordion good for? Learning how to fold a map."

I was at a mandolin orchestra rehearsal last weekend, in the bar we had banjo, accordion and harmonica jokes -my other three instruments.

The accordion one was what's the difference between an accordion and a trampoline (see above)?
How do you tell if the harmonica player has perfect pitch? He can get it in the bin without toughing the sides.
How do you tell if a banjo player is standing upright, the drool runs out of both sides of his mouth.

How many conductors does it take to change a light bulb? None, the world revolves about them.

I'll get my coat.

Gary Larson must have had a thing for accordions. I hadn't seen this one, but when I saw this topic my first thought was his famous cartoon of heaven, being greeted with receiving a harp, and hell, being greeted with an accordion!
But the accordion players get to go home after the gig.

Gary Larson must have had a thing for accordions. I hadn't seen this one, but when I saw this topic my first thought was his famous cartoon of heaven, being greeted with receiving a harp, and hell, being greeted with an accordion!
I've included it here, for reference. Nothing against the harp, but a lot more versatility with the accordion.

Back