• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Accordion festival, Eastbourne, 2-5 Feb 2024

I've been to Eastbourne a few times...it is as it claims and is a good inclusive festival..
I met Harry Hussey at one years back and he has been an immense guide and inspiration to me so I pre COVID I would go regularly to catch up with him.
Otherwise the festival is a great place to meet other players and hear their approach to the accordion, there is lots of informal playing in the bar area, rooms to slip of to if a couple of you want to jam or explore ideas, there are workshops for those that can read that study then perform orchestra pieces, chance to play micced up to an audience to test your arrangements and concerts in the evening...
The standard of bed and breakfast is not quite Fawlty Towers but definitely British seaside....
I like Eastbourne seafront and would often enjoy a wander along the pier to clear my head of tremolo...
Not sure if I going this year...may head down for a day...

Well, we're having a great time, spending the weekend with a sea view, lovely people and gorgeous accordions.

I've been looking to replace my Sonola for a while, and taking home a new (to me) Cooperativa. Very pleased, and will be advertising a Sonola Sorbonne III very soon.

Kim

Back