• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

A funny thing happened to me on the way to the theatre

Status
Not open for further replies.
jarvo said:
Anyanka said:
That old saying by George Bernard (or possibly Oscar) applies once again, re two nations divided by a common language!
The other problem with the Shergar Bum anagram being that it needs to be hamburgers.

Which is what the original wrote.....hamburgers.....you are bored and crotchety arent you :?: ....hows the shoulder :tdown: :tup:

Yes I was... very crotchety (and I must have responded to the mistake in one of the quotes rather than the original).
Spent all day yesterday playing accordion with two other No.1 Ladies, and today my shoulder is better! Accordion therapy!

There was an occurence of the accordion being the butt of a joke on the Now Show (BBC radio 4) last friday. Anyone else catch it? Basically it was about a personal ad in the newspaper by a chap looking for a housemate, listing his increasingly strange and weird habits and requirements, then dropping the bombshell that he also plays the accordion!

Oh, that Gumtree ad by a guy in Brighton who wants a lodger to dress up as a walrus for a couple of hours a day? That was odd.

Attachments

• 2009-217--heavy-metal-piano-accordion-band.gif
    2009-217--heavy-metal-piano-accordion-band.gif
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,105
Well the good news is we ran out acordion jokes quite quickly... surprisingly.
How about non acco related musical jokes, as well?

See if we can do the nations split by a common language one again? Here's a Scottish (old) joke.

What's the differenc between Bing Crosby and Walt Disney?

Bing sings... and Walt disn'y..

simonking said:
There was an occurence of the accordion being the butt of a joke on the Now Show (BBC radio 4) last friday. Anyone else catch it? Basically it was about a personal ad in the newspaper by a chap looking for a housemate, listing his increasingly strange and weird habits and requirements, then dropping the bombshell that he also plays the accordion!

So there is other countries as well where accordion is a synonyme for butt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back