• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

2023 Busker Blues

that's SCHNEE Waltz

hehehe

sometimes play it like a Carnival Carousel waltz

sometimes with a stutter step for Volksmarching along

sometimes with a big swing to it after they have passed around
the Schnapps one too many times

Last edited:
One or two that I currently use are O what a beautiful morning, Hava Nagila, Shostakovitch waltz, Snow waltz, It's a small, small world, He's got the whole world in His hands, and I'd like to teach the world to sing, all of which I would classify as being of a happy genre. Still, like yourself Tom it's about time to move on. Happy busking!
Yup, thanks, definitely all happy Phil. Good luck! I agree it's good to review your repertoire now and then. In fact, how people come up with their repertoire would be an interesting study in itself. What is it that makes you think, "Man, I'd like to play that!" I have whole notebooks of tunes I somehow had the urge to play. I don't get it. Maybe people want to play something, then decide it's too hard and settle for something easier. I've definitely been guilty of this. Note to self: don't settle, learn the hard songs, you're not getting any younger. Take Five anyone?

Back