• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Zoom Meetup, Saturday, April 10, 2021?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, speaking of Zoom, I am planning to set up a Zoom meeting for anyone interested on Saturday, April 10, 2021 (after Easter weekend).

It could be at 12:00 noon, American Central Time (GMT-5, 6:00 pm in England, 1900 in Italy.)

Everyone is invited to hang out and meet each other face to face, cordeen optional. Probably primarily in English, but other languages if there is interest.

I will post the invite here. Anyone interested?

Looks like with the free version we will only have 40 minutes, but should still be good.

Looks like with the free version we will only have 40 minutes, but should still be good.
Pretty sure you get 75mins...was extended due to Covid and i still get some dance tutors at that length.... The cloud of covid may have a silver lining.... ?

Reactions: Tom
Several folks I know use a free ZOOM account; they've extended sessions to 60 or more minutes without interruption or a request from Zoom to purchase an account. As an FYI, I host the Maryland Accordion Club Session for 2-3 hours the first Saturday of each month. The payment is less than $20/monthly. It's been a good investment for keeping folks who love playing at every skill level connected to others who encourage us all!

PS: The club has a Facebook Page with videos from pre-COVID sessions.

I’d be interested,but without playing.

Welcome Accordionna! I'll check it out.. I started an co-hosted an accordion club for a number of years before moving away, and plan to start a new one soon where I ended up. It's a lot of work and a labor of love, so congratulations!

So, speaking of Zoom, I am planning to set up a Zoom meeting for anyone interested on Saturday, April 10, 2021 (after Easter weekend).

It could be at 12:00 noon, American Central Time (GMT-5, 6:00 pm in England, 1900 in Italy.)

Everyone is invited to hang out and meet each other face to face, cordeen optional. Probably primarily in English, but other languages if there is interest.

I will post the invite here. Anyone interested?
I am interested
cm

So I was sat here today thinking “when is Tom going to post the meeting invite- its getting very close to the meeting time”.
I really must pay more attention to what date it is :oops:

I have tried and tried to set up an accordion club and no luck. No one expressed any interest.

I have tried and tried to set up an accordion club and no luck. No one expressed any interest.
Sorry to hear that, Alan. You must live in an area where accordion playing is not common? Or away from a city?

I live in downtown Toronto,the largest city in Canada. I just don’t understand what is the problem here.
Interestingly,there is also only one teacher in this entire city and pre-covid she worked very part-time. Yet we are one of the only cities where you can do three university degrees in accordion performance.

I live in downtown Toronto,the largest city in Canada. I just don’t understand what is the problem here.
Interestingly,there is also only one teacher in this entire city and pre-covid she worked very part-time. Yet we are one of the only cities where you can do three university degrees in accordion performance.
That's really weird, and a shame, Alan. I would think there would be enough people there to support a club. Maybe the diatonic button box is more traditional there, although there is a Little Italy from what I inderstand..... I plan to visit Toronto some time, after covid.

please tell me when you come.
there is a large Italian district and there is a large Korean and Greek and portoguese etc. Toronto is a city of nationalities-some say the most diverse in the world.
if you come I will tell you about a big accordion dealer here.

Just a reminder that the zoom meeting will be tomorrow, April 10, at 12:00 noon, American Central Daylight Time (GMT-5, 6:00 pm in England, 19:00 in Italy.) I believe that zoom will allow us about an hour for this free meeting.

I will post the zoom link here about 1 hour before the meeting and start at noon. This is the first time I have tried this so hopefully it will go without too much grief.

The format will be casual conversation "meet and greet." You are certainly invited to bring your accordion, but not required. Hopefully people can play if you want to. I do know, however, that zoom will not support simultaneous playing.

Looking forward to meeting you all!!!

Tom

Setting up the meeting now. Let's use this post for questions, info, etc.

I'm setting up a waiting room so you can join early. You may have to turn your video and audio on once you join the meeting.

Not taking part - didn’t know whether I’d be around, or indeed would have anything worth saying. But I’m lurking on the forum, ready to glean any scraps of info that may fall into this thread. So, showing interest and enthusiasm...And well done, Tom.
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back