• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Zero Sette B32C

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Auser

Hi
There is this accordion for sale, I know it`s make is very good but can`t figure if it has a converter.

https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=100673583&ref=conversation&fks=100673583

The seller is the sister of the deceased player, she doesn`t know of accordions and didn`t agree to check it by my instructions, she only said the big long register is pushable.
Some Zero Sette models which end with C are converters, maybe all of them ?
What about this one ?
I know the presence of the long register doesn`t guarantee it`s a Converter.

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A really quality box but, not a converter bass.

debra

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Even without knowing the exact technical details of the box (like Jim does) it helps to know that in order for a player to know more easily where on the melody (s)he is most instruments with convertor have notes marked (with a pit rather than bulge on the bass button), typically every C and F on the first three rows (that's every 4rd note on the first row and on the 3rd row). Some may also have marked notes on the 4rd row but I find it's better not to have that. Even if these were the one-off that didn't have the marked notes you would not want it as a relative novice on melody bass as you would get completely lost.
Again, I don't want to generalize, but when an accordion does have a large convertor switch rather than a large master switch, the convertor switch tends to be closest to the the buttons, not closest to the bellows. (I'm sure Jim will know of some exceptions). These are just some clues to judge whether an accordion has a convertor or not. (There are of course also convertor instruments that have normal-looking registers for the convertor, so the absence of a large convertor switch does not imply the instrument has no convertor. Older Italian boxes from for instance Pigini had the top 3 registers for convertor and the lower registers for standard bass and they had no large convertor switch.)

Status
Not open for further replies.