• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

YT video of accordion museum in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 48

With English subtitles a 10'47'' minutes video interview with the founder of an accordion museum in Ukraine.
With some special miniature diatonic accordions and even 3 rows mini CBAs without basses.

Живий музей гармоніки у Жашкові · Ukraїner

The yellow miniature CBA (??) without basses at 0'33" seconds caught my attention. I haven't seen anything alike before. Could be a mini B-system with only 16 buttons.

Stephen,
I'm always interested in what others are doing, especially if they are only one country over from my own country of origin.
Thanks for posting!:)(y)

I'm fascinated by the Russian and Ukrainian tradition of miniature squeezeboxes.
Here is someone who plays a range of mini instruments and the "Russian boot" in a concert. Doesn't look easy to play these tiny squeezeboxes.
Александр Усков - "Разлука" композиция для гармоник «черепашек»

The little miniatures could be useful for Eddy Yates on his rafting expeditions :unsure:

Here is an article in English, based on the YT video of this Ukraine accordion museum. There are a few extra photos.

Under the titles "Folk Instrument" and "Pearls of the collection", I found another interesting mini CBA for me. It's the white mini 3 rows CBA (somewhere in the middle of the picture, standing on a chair). To it's left is a standard size PA on a chair. You can see it's only half size of a PA, because it has another mini accordion on top.
Hard to see, but I guess a mini 3 rows with around 25 (or less) buttons. I recognise the other accordions, so I have a good reference to compare sizes.

I tried to contact Ivan Sukhyi via Facebook today, to ask for some details about this instrument.
He's got zillions of FB friends, so I don't know if he'll find the time to answer my message.

Thanks, Stephen!

Unfortunately, couldn't open the page as "the server couldn't be found ".:(

OK, it did connect eventually !(y):)

Last edited:
mini bayan in the middle (detail).jpg

I have copied a detail from the picture with the white mini 3 rows CBA. It's showing a 25 buttons 3 rows without the cover.
If only I could see what brand or make it is...
This is exactly the size I'm looking for , when I want to take a miniature accordion outdoors. Roughly half the size of the piano accordion to it's left.

I hope I'll get an answer from Ukraine, but I had to write in English...

If anyone has a clue, any information that could lead to the brand or maker is welcome. I think it looks like a mass produced and cheap mini accordion.

Garmon, Tula, Kreminne?

you could try a Pigini Simba. It's 25cm and will probably not need a complete overhaul

It is described well by the name, "The Living Museum." Very interesting and colorful place to see, filled with lively kids and most unique accordions/instruments. Easy to see Sukhyi's love for his life work. Appreciate your post, Stephen.

Thanks. By the way, there's another living accordion museum (in Russia), and that one started a Facebook page a while ago:
Музей русской гармоники А.Мирека

The Alfred Mirek museum of Russian accordions is a department of the Moscow city museum. Lots of photos and videos on their FB page.
They also added posts with short articles on the history of Russian accordion makers on their FB page, including automatic translations from Russian to English.

I also have my eyes on the Pigini Simba, but I already have something similar, an old Paolo Soprani mini CBA from the 1950s/1960s. A single voice instrument with 31 buttons and 12 basses, a C-system CBA. Net weight is 2,5 kilograms.
27cm high

This Ukrainian (or Russian) mini CBA looks a bit smaller, around 23 cm high. (I have a single voice Russian mini CBA b-system with 22 buttons and 12 basses, net weight 2,2 kilograms, roughly the same size as this one in the Ukraine museum).
Kreminne is a good guess, it's possible.

Thanks. By the way, there's another living accordion museum (in Russia): Музей русской гармоники А.Мирека

The Alfred Mirek museum of Russian accordions is a department of the Moscow city museum....added posts with short articles on the history of Russian accordion makers.

During one of my two college trips to former Soviet Union, I walked the Moscow Garden Ring area arriving from the Mayakovskaia Metro. Since our group was under the guidance of the Sputnik student organization, I had to sneak away during a brief free time in our jam-packed daily touring to see where some of these museums were located. This museum was not part of our itinerary. Absolutely too many museums and sights in this capitol city to visit. Can you imagine only having a two-hour visit to the Hermitage? It was possible to spend that in only two display rooms...just a scratch on the surface.

I've read that there are over 2000 pieces (accordions and tools) in the Mirek. It would be very nice to spend time there; always wanted to return to see additional Moscow museums, with more "free time."

Again, Stephen, I am appreciating the introduction to various accordions that are new to me as I'm new to the forum. Viewing some of the models shown on the Pigini.com web site, I did like the Simba. After viewing several other Pigini models, my head was swimming with the choices available. I think I could spend a good number of years getting an education from members here. I am certain many of you have forgotten much more about the world of accordions than I will have the time to ever learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back