• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Yes, I did it :) - Monti Czardas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiri

Reaction score
Hi accordion friends,
I have good feeling from this piece, so I tend to share my pleasure with you :).
It is probably the longest piece in my repertoir.
It took a time to learn, but I enjoyed it a lot!

Because I have some troubles with my right arm and the pain is smaller, when use small accordion, I recorded it with old Hohner Tango 80 basses … .

Video link is here:

If you like to share some feedback, go for it :) (I still look to the keyboard, sometimes …).

Have a nice evening and thanks,
Jiri

Czardas is a very technical piece and it is very popular. The one thing that this piece seems to offer a little more than any other piece I know, is the ability to capture character of the person playing it and everyone has their way of playing it, very much like different people speaking the same language in different dialects, and just to say... your musical speech is very clear. :)

Good job on undertaking a difficult piece, I enjoyed it a lot. :ch

Thank you Jerry for your warm words, I really appreciate it.
Regards,
Jiri

Nice performance. As Jerry said, there are many very different ways to play this piece. Your performance matches the character you show while playing. Many people play it much faster but not always "nicer". It's not always about the notes, it's about the music that needs to come out.

Hi Paul, thank you.
With regard to the speed, it is neer my limits :). I am not sure, if I am able to play fast parts faster and still have every note under control, probably not at this moment...
Regards, Jiri

Hi Jiri,

Main thing is you can play it really well. A lot of people (like me) have a tendency to play faster than their capabilities. You are sensible to play it at a speed where you know you won't get into difficulties. I know what it's like trying to play with an injury, and just wish I had the discipline that you have to slow my playing down to a manageable level.

Incidentally, the sound and picture quality are also excellent!

Hi Maugein,
thank you for your post. It was pleasure for me to read it :).
Regards, Jiri

Jiri post_id=60480 time=1529784802 user_id=2752 said:
Hi accordion friends,
I have good feeling from this piece, so I tend to share my pleasure with you :).
It is probably the longest piece in my repertoir.
It took a time to learn, but I enjoyed it a lot!

Because I have some troubles with my right arm and the pain is smaller, when use small accordion, I recorded it with old Hohner Tango 80 basses … .

Video link is here:

If you like to share some feedback, go for it :) (I still look to the keyboard, sometimes …).

Have a nice evening and thanks,
Jiri
Nice...a style of music I have not done. Inspires me...

jozz post_id=60939 time=1531054720 user_id=2600 said:
beautiful

nice sound as well, 1938??

Thanks Jozz :)

Yes, this Hohner Tango was made just before WW2. It is in original condition, last year retuned to 440Hz and waxed + new valves.

My mostly played accordion last year :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back