• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

WOW!!

Pipemajor

Reaction score
I put an order in with Charlie Marshal of CGM. in Scotland Yesterday at about 4 pm.
It arrived in Southern England at lunchtime today :eek: .
I can't believe how fast this was. I was fully expecting it to arrive sometime after Monday at the earliest.
Old fashioned service at it's finest. Even the post office is to be congratulated!!
Thanks Charlie(y)

Glug

Site Supporter
Reaction score
:) Happens quite regularly with CGM.

Got some bellows tape glue a couple of weeks back. Paid for at 15:49, arrived next day around 12ish in London.
I believe the mail trains run faster going down hill.

oldbayan

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I put an order in with Charlie Marshal of CGM. in Scotland Yesterday at about 4 pm.
It arrived in Southern England at lunchtime today :eek: .
I can't believe how fast this was. I was fully expecting it to arrive sometime after Monday at the earliest.
Old fashioned service at it's finest. Even the post office is to be congratulated!!
Thanks Charlie(y)
I order from CGM to ship to Canada and most of the time the envelope gets here in less than a week!

stickista

Reaction score
Count your blessings. In the US the Post Office has been pretty well gutted by a political hack in an effort to end mail-in voting.
I have a small package that hasn’t arrived after a month.

Scuromondo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Count your blessings. In the US the Post Office has been pretty well gutted by a political hack in an effort to end mail-in voting.
I have a small package that hasn’t arrived after a month.
Indeed. After decades of consistently fast and reliable service, in a matter of months, the US post is no longer fast nor reliable, yet it is more expensive—and with promises of even higher prices and poorer service yet to cone!

Last edited:

Dingo40

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Australia Post, here, took more than two weeks to deliver a letter approximately 1 kilometre from mailbox to recipient's office.
Taking a week (or more) from our rural town to an address in our state capital (80 km) is routine.
Once upon a time it would have been overnight.
No wonder they call it "snail mail "!😀

Last edited: