• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

World Accordion Day Livestream 23rd May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Since May 6th Ive been hosting a livestream event on behalf of the Confederation Internationale des Accordeonistes (CIA). It will be livestream on our official Coupe Mondiale CIA facebook page

World Accordion Day was created on May 6th to celebrate the filing of the patent for the accordion, our show tomorrow is to celebrate day the patent was granted.

This episode will include messages & performances from past Coupe Mondiale World Champions Tian Jianan, Andrea Di Giacomo, Bozidar Boza Rajic, He Qian, Paweł Janas, Pietro Adragna & Vladimir Stupnikov.

[It will include interveiws and presentations with our association members

Austria - HVÖ-Vice-President Dr. Herbert Scheibenreif & HVÖ-secretary Johannes Münzner

Finland - Confédération Internationale des Accordéonistes (CIA) General Secretary - Kimmo Mattila

Montenegro - President of Music Art Nemanja Potparic

Russia - Founder of Center of Musical Art & Chairman of the CIA Music Committee - Alexander Selivanov
President of Accordeon Salon Jef De Haes & Eddy Flecijn from Belgium
&[/font]
American Accordionists Association Board Member Frank Busso

I hope to see you there!

Our other shows are also available to watch on www.WorldAccordionDay.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for this information! 

I'm going to have a look at this after this weekend. 
I love the international approach of the Confederation Internationale des Accordeonistes. 

Great to hear accordion voices from every part in the world.

Stephen pid=72292 dateline=1590244560 said:

Im going to have a look at this after this weekend. 
I love the international approach of the Confederation Internationale des Accordeonistes. 

Hope you enjoyed it!  We focused on the original patent of the accordion and the origins of the bayan.

Here is the trailer for our 4th episode

Grayson

Grayson Masefield pid=72522 dateline=1591085611 said:
Stephen pid=72292 dateline=1590244560 said:

Im going to have a look at this after this weekend. 

Hope you enjoyed it!  We focused on the original patent of the accordion and the origins of the bayan.

Here is the trailer for our 4th episode

Grayson

Hello Grayson,

I have watched the 3 episodes of the video broadcast for World Accordion Day. Very interesting to see and hear so many accordion celebrities and voices from all over the world !
Im going to watch episode 4.

Thanks for all your hard work in getting together these people, in what must be difficult circumstances (covid19 times and technical setups for video conferences).
I liked the video presentation of some C.I.A. accordion archives and museum pieces. 

Every time I check YouTube for accordion videos, I discover young and very talented accordionists in a variety of music genres and styles.
The community of professional and amateur accordionists is growing, and there is a lot of potential for the accordion in the future.

Keep up the good work,
kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back