• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Wireless Stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a couple of typos on their website... only the type that a Quebec French speaking person would make when translating to English... are they a Quebec based company?

Their eBay listing shows as their location; Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, Canada. So your are right!

Lots of good reviews by buyers. The unit is very promising. It says that you can use 40 units in the same room! Maybe one who plays only a V accordion doesn't need to operate in stereo but when playing backup music from a USB flash with a lot of instrumentation stereo is good. I have a professional wireless stereo system that is also very small, but this unit is a lot cheaper.

As long as it does not give any disconnect/interference while performing. It has to be proven reliable. If doing shows disconnects is not an option. The Line6 G10, a little more expensive, but not stereo. But is proven by me in hundreds of gigs. The VAccordion sure sounds nice in stereo through the headphones! I notice on all the VAccordion sounds you can pan to left or right speaker. I do notice customers looking at my left hand while strolling, where I have the drums and bass panned over. So I think the average person takes notice?
Stereo wireless may be a good thing, but for now, not my option.
To me, stereo through loudspeakers in a big room with people sitting on the left or right of you, may not get the full sound as mono does.

Keymn post_id=56056 time=1521007062 user_id=2502 said:
As long as it does not give any disconnect/interference while performing. It has to be proven reliable. If doing shows disconnects is not an option. The Line6 G10, a little more expensive, but not stereo. But is proven by me in hundreds of gigs. The VAccordion sure sounds nice in stereo through the headphones! I notice on all the VAccordion sounds you can pan to left or right speaker. I do notice customers looking at my left hand while strolling, where I have the drums and bass panned over. So I think the average person takes notice?
Drums and bass are percussive sounds in sync with your finger action and at least the drums are usually velocity sensitive so you tend to have more dramatic action than on the right hand where you dont usually want the plop of high velocity releases. Also the left is pumping the bellows. Basically the left is where all expression of your play originates from manual action. So Im not sure its really the panning that is responsible. Actually, the drums might not even register as being part of your play since they dont sound like accordion. But the associated action is visible.

I know its even worse for me because of playing CBA, but the actual playing action even on an piano accordion tends to be disappointingly unspectactular and cannot be compared to the physical exercise showcased on a grand piano, and the Rolands have pretty light action anyway.

So in short, Id guess people are rather looking at the side where the bulk of the action seems to be than where the sound originates. Try panning the other way round as an experiment, assuming the speaker setup in the instrument itself doesnt have different ability of low frequency production.

Geronimo post_id=56060 time=1521016883 user_id=2623 said:
Keymn post_id=56056 time=1521007062 user_id=2502 said:
Drums and bass are percussive sounds in sync with your finger action and at least the drums are usually velocity sensitive so you tend to have more dramatic action than on the right hand where you dont usually want the plop of high velocity releases. Also the left is pumping the bellows. Basically the left is where all expression of your play originates from manual action. So Im not sure its really the panning that is responsible. Actually, the drums might not even register as being part of your play since they dont sound like accordion. But the associated action is visible.

I know its even worse for me because of playing CBA, but the actual playing action even on an piano accordion tends to be disappointingly unspectactular and cannot be compared to the physical exercise showcased on a grand piano, and the Rolands have pretty light action anyway.

So in short, Id guess people are rather looking at the side where the bulk of the action seems to be than where the sound originates. Try panning the other way round as an experiment, assuming the speaker setup in the instrument itself doesnt have different ability of low frequency production.
I am not sure how the speakers differ left and right in a VAccordion, low/high frequency. As far as drums part sound, maybe you are right! as an experiment, pan more right or middle.
As long as the accordion speakers sound clean without distortion. Have it set pretty much factory with minor tweaks.

Yes, I noticed that and I was to about to post about it.

I purchased this transmitter from this Chinese company. Thought it was good deal at the time1! But the item kept cutting out on a gig. Worked ok at home. Think it was getting interference??? I just gave up then went with an expensive Audio Technica wireless. That had fewer drop outs. It is in my drawer collecting dust.

http://accordions-asia.com/m/accessories.php

Should stay with what is proven. Maybe forget about the stereo wireless stuff for now. line6 G10 is what works best for me and proven on many gigs.

That is what is nice about this forum, we can share our experience with different components. It is better then a sales person selling you the goods that may or may not work for you.

Happy shopping! :b

torch post_id=56055 time=1520994816 user_id=421 said:
Their eBay listing shows as their location; Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, Canada. So your are right!
Cool, I had strong indications it was. And talking about coincidences, that same town is where I picked up my Roland FR-8X, its a short 15-20 minute drive from where I live. Is this a sign? :lol:

torch post_id=56055 time=1520994816 user_id=421 said:
Lots of good reviews by buyers. The unit is very promising. It says that you can use 40 units in the same room! Maybe one who plays only a V accordion doesnt need to operate in stereo but when playing backup music from a USB flash with a lot of instrumentation stereo is good. I have a professional wireless stereo system that is also very small, but this unit is a lot cheaper.
If the latency is noticeable, that would kind of drive me nuts. Ill have to see if I can find an address or telephone number and speak to them and see if I can arrange a test before making the purchase.

jozz post_id=56127 time=1521139519 user_id=2600 said:
A bit steep on the latency, specified at 25ms.
Sound travels something like 8m (25 ft?) in air in that time. Thats the sort of delay youd want anyway so that sound appears to come from your internal speakers rather than the PA when you are standing close to people.

Ill readily admit that I dont have significant experience here, but to me that does not really sound like a deal breaker.

Depends on how you use it. I would like to use it to put all my audio over it, and then it would be at the very limit of what's bearable. Probably over it if I were monitoring myself.

JerryPH post_id=56158 time=1521188282 user_id=1475 said:
Cool, I had strong indications it was. And talking about coincidences, that same town is where I picked up my Roland FR-8X, its a short 15-20 minute drive from where I live. Is this a sign? :lol:

If the latency is noticeable, that would kind of drive me nuts. Ill have to see if I can find an address or telephone number and speak to them and see if I can arrange a test before making the purchase.
Yes, it is a sign that there is a calling on your life; to find more about the wireless system. :D

I did a little research and found out that audio latency and midi latency are two entirely different things. When working working with VST plugins and MIDI, I cant tolerate latency great than 11 ms.

This wireless system can be pretty handy; you can take mono from the V accordion and connect a wireless mic. I am sure that they will be happy to have you come and test the system. Please let us know what you find out.

I like the fact both units are rechargeable. Where as the Line 6 g10 you have to keep the receiver plugged in. One less item to power when setting up. And the g10 usb power connection is not a road worthy connection.
Adapt to a wired headset mic might be a low cost option for wireless mic. Think they sell a stereo to mono adapter? Many other options, create wireless remote speakers, connect the arranger? As long it does not interfere with my Midi Jet. I would purchase and test reliability when performing and moving around on a large stage, going out in audience, etc.
I spent tons of money on cables, something to step on and break.

Keymn post_id=56149 time=1521168986 user_id=2502 said:
I purchased this transmitter from this Chinese company. Thought it was good deal at the time1! But the item kept cutting out on a gig. Worked ok at home. Think it was getting interference??? I just gave up then went with an expensive Audio Technica wireless. That had fewer drop outs. It is in my drawer collecting dust.

http://accordions-asia.com/m/accessories.php

Should stay with what is proven. Maybe forget about the stereo wireless stuff for now. line6 G10 is what works best for me and proven on many gigs.

That is what is nice about this forum, we can share our experience with different components. It is better then a sales person selling you the goods that may or may not work for you.

Happy shopping! :b
I look for good deals and bargains on gear, but Id not buy any Chinese made wireless systems yet. Cables and other accessories from the same company are good. I bought a few from them. I, too, have the G10. Since it operates on 2.4 Ghz, it is not affected by the new FCC regulation concerning the 600 MHz transition. It will be illegal in July, 2020.

I wish the G10 had a 90 degree angle like my AKG guitar bug. http://www.guitarcenter.com/AKG/SR-...-GB40-Guitar-Bug-Transmitter-1315669854044.gc I dont like the rechagle battery, either. Sooner or later, it needs to be replaced by the factory. The AKG guitar bug uses one AAA battery which lasts up to 20 hours, and those batteries are cheap, and I always carry some extra batteries.

That is what is nice about this forum, we can share our experience with different components. It is better then a sales person selling you the goods that may or may not work for you. I wholeheartedly agree with you. Sharing info and experiences with fellow musicians, but making sure that we do not become an expensive influence thus making others buy gear that they dont need! :lol: Some take it so personal in talking about gear that you cant really openly share at times.. A lot of Apple fan boys are that way. The author of the book Buyology describes it as a cult following.

I got this info from manufacturer. If I did not have the g10, something I would try. But it would have to be under my harsher/ rugged conditions...

“By experience X-100 is very solid regarding RF interferences, but as long as you keep at least 1 feet of distance between the X-100 and other RF emitting devices.
And this is also true for you Line6 or Midijet device even if they are not in the 2.4GHZ range. You better try to keep then separate as much as you can…

As for X-100, there is 40 channels that the device can use/switch at any time in case of interferences.
Also, there is diversity antennas on both the Tx and the Rx.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Thanks for your interest!
Jonathan

The 40 channels are auto selected by the units, and at all time during transmission.
I can ensure you that the RF performances of the X-100 are very good.

Thanks!
Jonathan”

JerryPH post_id=56380 time=1521707016 user_id=1475 said:
Funny... no one replied to my email yet. Did you use their email or ask for a reply via eBay?

Did you check your junk box...? :D
I went to there websight...contact us...
I am sure not to invest in this, but sounds good!

Keymn post_id=56381 time=1521707709 user_id=2502 said:
JerryPH post_id=56380 time=1521707016 user_id=1475 said:
Funny... no one replied to my email yet. Did you use their email or ask for a reply via eBay?

Did you check your junk mailbox...? :D

Keymn post_id=56382 time=1521707748 user_id=2502 said:
Did you check your junk mailbox...? :D

Yup, I always do. So you are convinced that this is not the product for you. Is this because of your other wireless setup or because you find fault in this design?

Ill try their website again, but tonight. For now... time to get ready for work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back