• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Wireless Midi

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bellows

I am looking for suggestions to convert a Version 3.2 Petosa Millennium to wireless. Neither the Kenton wireless nor the MidiJet Pro will transmit all the pulses from the Millennium to the sound module. While both of these wireless systems work correctly with the Millennium Version 4.0, they drop pulses when trying to transmit Version 3.2 midi data.
What other wireless midi systems are out there? Can someone recommend a third party wireless system that might work well in an application where the MidiJet does not?
Has anyone succeeded in converting a Millennium Version 3 to become wireless?

Bellows post_id=59115 time=1526079732 user_id=2741 said:
I am looking for suggestions to convert a Version 3.2 Petosa Millennium to wireless. Neither the Kenton wireless nor the MidiJet Pro will transmit all the pulses from the Millennium to the sound module. While both of these wireless systems work correctly with the Millennium Version 4.0, they drop pulses when trying to transmit Version 3.2 midi data.
What other wireless midi systems are out there? Can someone recommend a third party wireless system that might work well in an application where the MidiJet does not?
Has anyone succeeded in converting a Millennium Version 3 to become wireless?

Have you contacted MidiJet On this? Or Petosa millennium (which I have no clue what this is, never used it). I have midijet but had to set it to channel 30. Not much interference out there using this channel. When you are dealing with the middle channels, you could get interference from WiFi hotspots. Otherwise, I have no suggestions because there is nothing else out there that I found reliable. Maybe something inherent with the 3.2 version? I do not think the Midi wireless is the problem...

I don't know if this is any help , I've been using the MusicTech midi wireless transmitter and receiver for several years with my Acoustic /midi piermaria accordion ..... It is absolutely brilliant , it is hooked up to my specially made Yamaha PSR3000 module . I'm over the moon with the result !!! I have to say the accordion has a musictech midi system factory installed .
you could always e mail musictech in Italy ask for Claudio Sabbatini .

Good luck with your quest

Giovanni post_id=59172 time=1526241194 user_id=1976 said:
I dont know if this is any help , Ive been using the MusicTech midi wireless transmitter and receiver for several years with my Acoustic /midi piermaria accordion ..... It is absolutely brilliant , it is hooked up to my specially made Yamaha PSR3000 module . Im over the moon with the result !!! I have to say the accordion has a musictech midi system factory installed .
you could always e mail musictech in Italy ask for Claudio Sabbatini .

Good luck with your quest
Sounds like miditech was ahead of the game. Wow! There is nothing worse then a note hanging...the MidiJet a bit bulky but for me my only reliable source. Built in wireless, both midi and audio is a plus...

MidiJet has been extremely reliable in my other application, i.e. substituted it into the Millennium V 4.0 factory wireless when the originally supplied Kenton (transmits at lower frequencies) failed due to interference. Problem is not an interference or reliability problem. It is a functionality issue. And, it is consistent. The Version 3.2 never works correctly, regardless of location or environment. The Version 4.0 always works correctly.

Petosa, while supportive, is not sufficiently technical savvy about the instrument to address this. The original Millennium developer, i.e. Logic Systems from Italy, is now defunct and the principles are not responsive.

Using an oscilloscope, I am seeing similar pulses coming from both instruments. However, the midi jet fails to transmit some of those from the Version 3.2, therefore corrupting the midi instructions. In the case of Version 4.0, midi pulses are sometimes broken apart, but no missing pulses. The notes always sound correctly. They have offered to test the unit, but need it right now and don't expect it is failing. Works consistently with the 4.0.

There is something different about the Version 3.2, but can't put my finger on it. Would help to find a midi expert/consultant in midi protocol the SFO Bay Area if someone has a referral.

Otherwise, MusicTech sounds interesting.
Another system i came across is Midibeam from somewhere in Europe.
Are there any vendors of these products in the US?
Can't afford to buy numerous systems. I would like to try before buying. Or be able to return it if it doesn't work.

Bellows post_id=59204 time=1526320169 user_id=2741 said:
MidiJet has been extremely reliable in my other application, i.e. substituted it into the Millennium V 4.0 factory wireless when the originally supplied Kenton (transmits at lower frequencies) failed due to interference. Problem is not an interference or reliability problem. It is a functionality issue. And, it is consistent. The Version 3.2 never works correctly, regardless of location or environment. The Version 4.0 always works correctly.

Petosa, while supportive, is not sufficiently technical savvy about the instrument to address this. The original Millennium developer, i.e. Logic Systems from Italy, is now defunct and the principles are not responsive.

Using an oscilloscope, I am seeing similar pulses coming from both instruments. However, the midi jet fails to transmit some of those from the Version 3.2, therefore corrupting the midi instructions. In the case of Version 4.0, midi pulses are sometimes broken apart, but no missing pulses. The notes always sound correctly. They have offered to test the unit, but need it right now and dont expect it is failing. Works consistently with the 4.0.

There is something different about the Version 3.2, but cant put my finger on it. Would help to find a midi expert/consultant in midi protocol the SFO Bay Area if someone has a referral.

Otherwise, MusicTech sounds interesting.
Another system i came across is Midibeam from somewhere in Europe.
Are there any vendors of these products in the US?
Cant afford to buy numerous systems. I would like to try before buying. Or be able to return it if it doesnt work.
I have a midi beam. Not much luck with
Fr4x. The idea of scoping the signal is a great idea. This wireless midi stuff, very tricky in being reliable. All I know is many bands like Dave Matthews Band uses Midijet in arenas.
They swear by it but they do no use an accordion. Which I think is more complicated midi pulses compared to a synth.

Hi Larry - I seem to be having difficulty with the forum logistics. I received your PM, but having difficulty to send my reply. Can you help/suggest how to actually send it out from my outbox?

It stays in his outbox until it is read by whom it is aimed it. When he reads it it disappears from the outbox automatically.

Bellows post_id=59298 time=1526591098 user_id=2741 said:
Hi Larry - I seem to be having difficulty with the forum logistics. I received your PM, but having difficulty to send my reply. Can you help/suggest how to actually send it out from my outbox?

Ok got your information...

Hi Bellows , contacting musictech was a long shot , worth a try !!.....
i know from experience that the musicTech midi wireless system is first class and really reliable , I've done hundreds and hundreds of gigs in all sorts of venues ....100% reliable never any problems ..........
and yes I'm also on the Concerto group forum .
Best regards ,,,,,,Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,
This is Joe/Capricious Accordion from the Concerto group. :) Still learning the logistics here. I think I am replying via private message, but not certain...can't clearly distinguish private messages from public posts. Please advise, and I have a further question for you re wireless midi.
Joe

All these proprietary wireless MIDI systems for various reedless/MIDI accordions range from $1,500 to $2,000. However, they don't to have be proprietary nor expensive at all. MIDI is a rather "simple" language. A person with a good understanding of electronics or a technician can easily make a battery pack with a MIDI output that will work on Ciao reedless, Orlavox, Mastersound, certain models of Petosa Millennium, all Musictech models (except for the MusicMaker which requires a little more power for the sound card usually built inside the accordion) and other reedless models that require 5V. A technician in Midwest used to make one for $200, and it came with all kinds of adapters to be used on different models. He specialized in undoing all the proprietary stuff so that if a cable breaks for instance, one can get one from Walmart, so to speak. On a similar note, one talented member on this forum installed MIDI Input and MIDI Output in his Roland FR7 accordion and made a power jack to power the accordion and a charging jack to charge the battery. The power supply for both is very easy to find and they are very cheap. After I've seen his installation pics on this forum, I had the same done for my FR7x. Completely free from all the proprietary tyranny!!!

I will say the Limex is a little different story as it can transmit wireless audio(for the reeds), wirless MIDI, and a wirelss vocal mic using the same cable. Nice, but too many things that can go wrong, and if something goes wrong, it is hard to replace or repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back