• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Wireless Audio Transmitter and Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

landro

Reaction score
Currently I have a pair of angled output plugs securely held in place with Velcro on the bottom of my FRX3 to plug in my amp cords. I can pretty much throw caution to the wind with these as opposed to using the straight plugs than you have to be so careful with.
Still , I am entertaining thoughts about going wireless. Any suggestions on where to start looking and what is available or what would probably work best ?
Stereo setup preferred.

Your perfectly correct using dogleg plugs fastened with velcro or doglegs plugs tucked under the bellows strap. The input 1/4" jacks on new instruments are plastic assemblies wired to an internal board and costly to repair when damaged.
Now your ??'s can be answered with ???'s.
(1) your "V" accordion can be used with a mono wireless transmitter and the treble and bass can be adjusted on the instrument.
(2) how far do you wish your signal to transmit?
(3) how much do you wish to spend on the product?

JIM D. said:
Your perfectly correct using dogleg plugs fastened with velcro or doglegs plugs tucked under the bellows strap. The input 1/4 jacks on new instruments are plastic assemblies wired to an internal board and costly to repair when damaged.
Now your ??s can be answered with ???s.
(1) your V accordion can be used with a mono wireless transmitter and the treble and bass can be adjusted on the instrument.
(2) how far do you wish your signal to transmit?
(3) how much do you wish to spend on the product?

Perussing some on line offerings I see some kits ranging from under $30 (US) to several hundred dollars . Surprisingly , even the cheap ones tend to show mostly satisfied users according to the reviews but the batteries don`t last more than a couple hours before needing a recharge and it`s not even clear if those batteries are replaceable. I`m also concerned about interference and delay in the sound transmission.
I`m also concerned if changing out batteries on wireless systems will become a major pain to contend with coupled with having to change out the accordion batteries too. Currently I do not know anyone using wireless on their accordion so I`m unable to see for myself whether they work good or not.
I can`t see me using it any further than 20-30 ft away.

I use an old sure guitar wireless with both my V and reg. Box mike setup. Has worked fine for 20 years. Just got sick and tired of steping on the cord. Putting cracks in my box and repairing cords. I would not get a cheep one for a pro setup. Just about any mid level set up will have what you need.

acordiansam said:
I use an old sure guitar wireless with both my V and reg. Box mike setup. Has worked fine for 20 years. Just got sick and tired of steping on the cord. Putting cracks in my box and repairing cords. I would not get a cheep one for a pro setup. Just about any mid level set up will have what you need.
Thanks, I`ll definitely be looking at something up from the bottom offerings.

Greetings from USA

I have a Roland 3 row button accordion. i have used a wireless system that I ordered from Taiwan. The batteries last five hours and have a range 30 meters. This button box Roland has no internal speaker. I am on holidays at this time. I have velcro on my accordion and speaker. I am new to this group. I also have friend who repairs accordions for cheap.

Nice to meet all in GB

Fred

Sorry to bring back an old topic, but I was doing some thinking about this. To do a mono wireless set up seems pretty easy, but if one wanted to do a stereo set up, are there wireless stereo options out there or would one have to go two seperate mono solutions on different frequencies?

Also, how could someone get an accordion like the old Elka 83 wireless and still be able to use all of it's analog features (I'm thinking this is pretty much impossible to do)?

Stero is no prob. They make both.

Yea my next toy is a wireless midi trans and reciver.

The big prob is getting power to you're box for its systems.

Linex or something like it has a comp wireless system. Stero mikes, midi and a mike for voice all in a wireless system.

Jerry-

I think it is impossible, since you cannot even get the internal mics on an elka 83 to work without the tone generator or a similar box supplying power to them. (I would love to be wrong on this...)

Ben

fjsys said:
Jerry-

I think it is impossible, since you cannot even get the internal mics on an elka 83 to work without the tone generator or a similar box supplying power to them. (I would love to be wrong on this...)

I am sure you are right, Ben, Before I bought the accordion, they asked me if I wanted a battery installed to power the standard mics or leave the set up so that it would receive power via that one thicker multi-cabled chord. I did not want the hassles of looking for batteries in the middle of a song, on the few times that I did not want to use the electronic part of the accordion, so though the possibility was there (for the accordion mics), it was not installed. For the rest, after thinking about it, getting the midi out is no problem, but it would take likely another kit in the Elka as the midi out is in the tone generator, so I am sure they took advantage of the internal electronics to get that part installed.

No biggie, it works just the way I like it. :)

By the way, a few seconds ago, I found the wireless Limex midi stereo transmitters in a link that Jim placed for me, so that answered another question.

Thanks for putting up with these newb and strange questions of mine guys! :?: :lol:

Will this work with the line signal coming from a Roland V accordion?

Glenn post_id=47873 time=1498727694 user_id=61 said:
Will this work with the line signal coming from a Roland V accordion?

Yes, I use it all the time in my shows. I move around a lot. Just plug the transmitter into the left or right output on VAccordion. Even the transmitter turns off after about 10 minutes if no audio activity. A great feature to preserve charge. I use it on one charge for the whole gig.

I think I would want something a touch more ergonomic or better hidden. I saw Michael Bridge use more traditional multi-channel transmitters that were attached to his shoulder straps and he had 2 of them. I bet if I start looking around in the Asian marketplace, I'll find something fairly reasonable and reliable with a good range.

JerryPH post_id=47901 time=1498776351 user_id=1475 said:
I think I would want something a touch more ergonomic or better hidden. I saw Michael Bridge use more traditional multi-channel transmitters that were attached to his shoulder straps and he had 2 of them. I bet if I start looking around in the Asian marketplace, Ill find something fairly reasonable and reliable with a good range.

2 transmitters? stereo?
Mono is all I do...

I have tried these
Audio technica ATW-R1100 body pack you can clip to straps, but you still have short audio cable.
http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wls_systems/b8c9b60d06ff6943/
Elane
http://www.accordions-asia.com/wireless/Wireless Audio transmitter and receiver.php

The audio technica worked well for a year and then at times It would stop transmitting. ( maybe a factory defect, but I was out of warranty)
The Elane worked in my house, when on a gig cut out frequently.

Line 6, never had a problem. Setup automatic. No switches or push buttons, just plug in.

I just took delivery of two line 6 g10 devices and checked just with my digital stage piano (with external amplification) that they work and sure enough they work fine. The real test on stage will come (much) later, but it is a great find so far. The g10 comes with an extra angled jack which is useful even when you don't really need it because it makes sure the (on) switch works.

debra post_id=48152 time=1499189712 user_id=605 said:
I just took delivery of two line 6 g10 devices and checked just with my digital stage piano (with external amplification) that they work and sure enough they work fine. The real test on stage will come (much) later, but it is a great find so far. The g10 comes with an extra angled jack which is useful even when you dont really need it because it makes sure the (on) switch works.

Keep in mind, the mini USB connection on the receiver has been an issue for some. Make sure it isnt stressed like If you forget to unplug the USB connection in the receiver, it may get bent??? Had this unit since December and never a transmit problem.
I have not gone beyond the 50 feet with my accordion, but who would want too?

Keymn post_id=48217 time=1499281009 user_id=2286 said:
I have not gone beyond the 50 feet with my accordion, but who would want too?
I think I would, let me explain when... the last time I played in that restaurant, I was asked to do a particular song for someone, and they were about 5 tables away. No not 50 feet at all, but a good 25-30 feet for sure. So I just unplugged and went full blast with the internal 8X speakers and it was adequate... but had I wanted to take a stroll to the back of the restaurant, another easy 75 feet or more, I definitely would have been out of range, both with this transmitter and with the volume of my 8X speakers. If I had both going (internal and external speakers), I would have loved to take a walk to the back where there were at least 30-40 more people just waiting for me to get there and with both the internal and powered speakers going, it would have been optimal.

So, I am looking for something with a range of 150-200 feet so that I can do 100-125 reliable feet at a maximum. Also, because I often set up a stereo image during my performances, I definitely would need 2 transmitters, and later on, my MIDI transmitter should be one that could do similar ranges as well.

Now, is this something that everyone needs? Heck no! But I hope to one day play some large venues and these ranges will suddenly become very important, so... plan for the future, buy once and buy something really good and quite reliable, all without breaking the bank too... those are my thoughts and hopes. :)

In my case I am less concerned about the maximum distance than about people tripping over the wires. That's because I mostly play in an ensemble and while setting up someone can easily trip over a wire or step on a (cinch) connector and break it. Also, everyone stands up when the conductor enters the stage and when the concert is over and we get the final applause. I have once stepped on the wire myself when the conductor entered the stage and broke it. It took a very quick action to grab a backup microphone before the start of the first piece. And during the setup for another concert someone stepped on a connector and destroyed it, so I needed my backup cable, and this was during a weekend (exchange with another orchestra) where the second morning someone destroyed my backup cable... (and I did not bring my soldering iron to fix the first cable at night).
I also don't like to be connected through a wire when I'm performing on the accordina. But also with that I don't walk away very far, so I hope the range will be sufficient.

debra post_id=48220 time=1499283024 user_id=605 said:
In my case I am less concerned about the maximum distance than about people tripping over the wires. Thats because I mostly play in an ensemble and while setting up someone can easily trip over a wire or step on a (cinch) connector and break it. Also, everyone stands up when the conductor enters the stage and when the concert is over and we get the final applause. I have once stepped on the wire myself when the conductor entered the stage and broke it. It took a very quick action to grab a backup microphone before the start of the first piece. And during the setup for another concert someone stepped on a connector and destroyed it, so I needed my backup cable, and this was during a weekend (exchange with another orchestra) where the second morning someone destroyed my backup cable... (and I did not bring my soldering iron to fix the first cable at night).
I also dont like to be connected through a wire when Im performing on the accordina. But also with that I dont walk away very far, so I hope the range will be sufficient.

Are you intending on using two transmitters for stereo? Let me know how that works, if that is the case. Good luck on this and I feel confident you will have success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back