• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Wide, Leather accordion shoulder and bass straps with cloth padding

ben

Reaction score
I need some advice where I could purchase some super wide luxurious accordion straps, both for shoulder and bass. I have seen some higher end accordions with that kind of straps, and I have one that I would like to replace the existing straps with that sort. Any directions would be appreciated. Haven't been able to spot anything to quite fit the bill on eBay or Amazon.

But see here!🤔
Decisions, decisions...😛

When I purchased my Roland Fr8x, it came with the factory straps which are comfortable but plain. At the time my intention was to purchase the big,highly decorated straps that you mentioned because the instrument is a red model, however my dealer suggested that I try the factory straps for at least a little while. He pointed out that some of these decorated, overstuffed shoulder straps are too big to be comfortable.

The orriginal straps work well except that the back strap is fixed in place and cannot be adjusted up or down which detracts from its utility. The other issue with this back strap is that the latch requires two hands to secure but this is difficult because it's offset to one side quite a lot which means that I usually have to ask for assistance. On one hand the factory straps work well but they're not perfect. It's a small issue but annoying all the same.

@Valski I didn't say highly decorated.. I am specifically after a nice, all black strap, but I would like to have the extra padding. The accordion I want it for is an all black (including grill and keyboard) full sized MONARCH tone chamber instrument with 140 bass, made in the late 1950's.

@Valski I didn't say highly decorated.. I am specifically after a nice, all black strap, but I would like to have the extra padding. The accordion I want it for is an all black (including grill and keyboard) full sized MONARCH tone chamber instrument with 140 bass, made in the late 1950's.
The decorations are optional, however there may be a balance in the size of the straps. The Roland weighs something like 27lbs

italcinte is the gold standard in straps

generations of family who all have contributed to their
quality and reputation

the factory and showroom are just inside the 'citta' of Castlefidardo,
as the old street begins to wind upward from the safety of the ancient walls

of course it is a must see for anyone who visits the area, but be assured
you can be confident of the quality of any of their products whether
in person, online, or through a dealer

many fine accordions from this region are factory equipped with
their products..

They sure look like they are fine straps. Don't see anything about price. They probably cost a fortune.

I did see some on Liberty Bellows that look pretty good, and I will likely buy from them.

Which type of back straps do people prefer? I'm looking to get some new straps soon as I need some bigger/comfier ones!

I have seen these 2 styles mostly and I imagine the second would be a pain to use

1664972340565.png1664972362651.png

Which type of back straps do people prefer? I'm looking to get some new straps soon as I need some bigger/comfier ones!

I have seen these 2 styles mostly and I imagine the second would be a pain to use

1664972362651.png
I use this type of back strap a lot. (The metal part on mine is slightly different, but the principle is the same. I got mine from Carini in Castelfidardo.) It is very easy to use. Some of my friends have the other type and always struggled to close and open them and eventually wanted them replaced by this second type. I have five accordions, two of which came with a back strap that was attached to the shoulder straps (like in the first picture) and those have the clips of the second type. The other three I use with the straps as shown.
My wife occasionally uses my bass accordion, so she used a pair of clips like in the picture and a strip of fabric to make an "extension chord" for the bass strap. I play with the extension and she doesn't, and we can do this without messing with moving the clasp to a different hole.

Both my accordions have back straps with the plastic-type clip, and I think it works very well. But on one of them, the back strap is in a fixed position—basically it is part of the shoulder strap assembly—while the other one is a separate strap that attaches to the shoulder straps and can slide up/down to adjust vertically as well as horizontally. I prefer the one that is a separate strap because of the ability to adjust it vertically.

Both my accordions have back straps with the plastic-type clip, and I think it works very well. But on one of them, the back strap is in a fixed position—basically it is part of the shoulder strap assembly—while the other one is a separate strap that attaches to the shoulder straps and can slide up/down to adjust vertically as well as horizontally. I prefer the one that is a separate strap because of the ability to adjust it vertically.
Likewise here. My two Bugari accordions have the back strap in a fixed position (attached to the shoulder straps) and the other accordions have completely separate back straps. I like that you can adjust the vertical position, but on the Bugari's the fixed position is actually quite good and the strap doesn't move up or down unintentionally. I'm not sure which I prefer.

Back