• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Where to get this type of bellows clasp?

Mar 21, 2021
Reaction score
So I have just taken delivery of a rather wonderful vintage accordion. It's a Frontalini from the '40s, 41/120 with 5 sets of reeds and one coupler in the bass, and 4 sets of reeds and 4 toggle couplers in the treble, tuned LMMH. It's of very typical pre-war design, but having individual couplers for each set of reeds makes it a very versatile instrument. I could go on and on about how much I love it, but I'll get straight to the point. It has these lovely old-style metal bellows clasps (I don't know if they have a proper name) that are made from a strip of woven metal mesh. One of these has snapped, but the other one is still in good condition. Does anyone know of anyone or anywhere (preferably in the UK) that sells replacement straps of this sort? I happen to have another Frontalini with a similar problem, so I will probably swap over the good clasp from that one over to this one, leaving that one with no bellows clasps whatsoever. I understand that it would be nearly impossible to find an exact match, but I would quite like to replace the broken clasps on that one with ones of a similar sort, rather than going for the generic leather ones that don't suit the style of the instrument.DE5DEB6A-4EF8-49B5-9AA4-C674785FA588.jpeg