• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Where to buy parts (internationally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morne

Reaction score
This might be helpful for other members who are stuck in the middle of nowhere.
In South Africa there are no known suppliers of accordion parts, like valves and wax and whatever other random bits and pieces. Most guys probably try to reuse whatever they can strip from other accordions. Im not aware of anyone getting parts internationally - except maybe one guy who started repairing 2 or 3 years back, who I think gets his stuff from Italy. Ill get in touch with him too.

Since I have to pay international shipping in any case, my thought is to get some items (at least wax, leather and plastic valves - other things Im still checking) for at least a few accordions. Primarily to play around with for practice, so I dont have to be stingy in case I mess things up. In other words, Im not just looking for 2 valves and a spoonful of wax.

So my question for the forum is, who are the reputable dealers when it comes to shipping parts internationally?

Ive heard a lot on here about CGM Musical Services (Charlie Marshall) (UK).
Ive also seem some mentions of FRM Enterprises (USA).
On eBay Ive found two big sellers:

Any others that can be recommended?

stringsandboxes.de also supply parts for Italian made accordions.

Hello! I have 2 addresses in castelfidardo where You can order big quantities which in Your case might Be worth looking at i can give the addresses if You like :)

wout said:
Hello! I have 2 addresses in castelfidardo where You can order big quantities which in Your case might Be worth looking at i can give the addresses if You like :)
Please post... I dont know what you mean by big quantities but once you start doing some repairs you quickly start needing big quantities of things like valves and all kinds of knobs and other small stuff...

One is carini dena It's an enormous store You can get everything You need though You have To do it true email because i believe the website isnt functioning. Was like heaven walking around there! Bought 200 euro's worth of supplies :) the other is bompezzo i dont think she has a website but i can pm her email address. Though im Sure bompezzo doesnt speak anything other then italian. She has a workshop where she makes leathers etc. Bought my wax there :)

wout said:
One is carini dena Its an enormous store You can get everything You need though You have To do it true email because i believe the website isnt functioning. Was like heaven walking around there! Bought 200 euros worth of supplies :) the other is bompezzo i dont think she has a website but i can pm her email address. Though im Sure bompezzo doesnt speak anything other then italian. She has a workshop where she makes leathers etc. Bought my wax there :)
Many thanks. We do want to plan a trip to Castelfidardo, to buy supplies and to visit one or more factories. (Bugari is top on our list; we will ask Roberto next time we see him at an event.)
I guess that only buying 200 euro in supplies requires discipline. I dont think I can go there and spend so little...
I dont expect many people can really speak anything but Italian in Castelfidardo. I am learning a bit of Italian because Im pretty sure I will need it.

In a pinch, carry around an ipad, find an internet connection and get Google Translate going. ;) :)

My idea of a dream vacation also includes going to Castelfidardo, and I have ZERO Italian under my belt... but I hope to find a friend along the way that speaks Italian and at least one of the other several languages that I do speak. Hey, E-Man speaks Italian, I may have to kidnap him on my trip, though, I doubt he would protest too much... lol

well both discipline and not being able to afford more :( but i came a long way with 200 euro's i bought a few alot (200 i believe) leather valves of various sizes for 30 euro's and 4000 contrapelli + the little circles to connect them with :) but thats only a small part of the total shopping car. And you get a long way with hands a feet as well :)

Warning: off topic:
I wonder why these "little" suppliers never have a web presence? I'm sure they'd do a far better trade with the extra help the internet can provide. I know that being digitally illiterate can give a certain air of authenticity in artistic circles but I do worry how many generations this can go on for before the industry implodes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for everybody's feedback! I'll probably need more German than Italian parts. I'll keep an eye out for other online places as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back