• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

What was the first Accordion tune you learned front 2 back

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DonnieDubh

I have only started playing but coming from a very Scottish dance based area thats where my music interest lies and with this Kate martins waltz was my first tune but unable to read accordion music I played a cd till it was at melting point as was my long suffering fiance god love her {}

Hi Donnie. This tune doesn't sound like as beginners tune to me. Especially if you want to ornament it with all those twiddly bits.
I think I started with something in a major key using C, G and D chords.

not completely relevant but in that video ' is that hogwarts castle from harry potter and nearby the quidditch arena ' :lol:

like the tune though, nice soft melody :)

My first tune - the one I attempted when I went to buy this box of tricks was "Changes" (Alan Price - advert for something on TV)...simple tune in C/F/G7 and I managed a passable rendition...perhaps because I can play it on a keyboard that has autochord(one-finger chords).

Really struggling with this one as it was all bits and bobs, It was probably something by Yann Tiersen, Or the Russian song Korobushka, which my teacher at the time made me learn, and which I played over and over and over, still trying to master a certain Tiersen tune. Am sensing from youtube etc that I'm definatley not the only person who went out and bought the Amelie soundtrack when they started learning, :lol:

PS, Digressing here but on the topic of accordion related soundtracks, the "Everything Is Illuminated" soundtrack is very very good indeed! :tup:

The first tune I learned to play was a traditional finnish song Rosvo Roope ( ). I started learning it right after I learned to play the C-scale.

I also had this book for beginners. There were a lots of traditional songs for kids etc. Still I never wanted to actually learn those songs and I only played them because I wanted to learn techniques. I have never found any songs from the beginners book I would actually like to learn. I always have to find the notes from some other book :)

First tune all the way through... good question. I too dabbled with all those standards from the tuition books, such as Bluebells of Scotland (which I still cant play, but occasionally have to!) The first tune I really persevered with was an Irish jig, East at Glendart, which just happened to be the first thing in my Irish Tunes book! As played here by Planxty, rather better.

You guys must have started at the deep end - I think mine was 'Two Lovely Black Eyes'. Can't remember what book it was from..

Some great tunes I never had a tuiton book as I have chosen the CBA but have been going to ceilidh dances and recitals since I was small then started playing the chanter then onto the bagpipes have been doing a lot of these types of tunes but now especially seeing what you great people are talking about there are a lot of melodies catching my ear and what people did before youtube beats me
Have just watched Planxty Anyanka great tune and recorded on my year of birth no less :tup:

smdc66 said:
not completely relevant but in that video is that hogwarts castle from harry potter and nearby the quidditch arena :lol:

like the tune though, nice soft melody :)
Yes Im afraid it is Hogwarts believe to be Voldermort on the drums

Lovely Stornoway in G maj on 2 row button box, taught by Addie Harper 50+ years ago.

Another lovely tune and a great man in Addie some great stories I've heard from wick

Carnival of Venice, from Duane Schnur

Carnival of venice is some tune for a first tune and I was nervous of searching for fanny power but my trust was rewarded another great tune

I played Donkey riding at Sidmouth folk festival for the children's procession to Blackmoor Gardens solidly for around 30 minutes. :roll:

I could do it in my sleep after that. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back