• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Western Swing Bass and Chord Transitions

P

philcann

Hello everyone!

I am new to the Accordionists Forum, and I am hoping someone can help me, as I have not been able to find the exact information I have been looking for through internet search or YouTube.

I play the Roland FR-18 Diatonic Accordion, which I am thoroughly enjoying. Not only versatile, but also programmable!

I do not read music, I only play by ear...

I am wanting to program my bass/chord keys in one of my tab sets for western swing music, and I have been looking for a BASIC Western Swing Bass and Chord chart. This could be in any key as the FR-18 automatically changes keys as requested with the flick of a button once programmed.

Would anyone be able to help? From what I can ascertain so far: bass G with chord G; B with chord G7; C with C, C# with A. But that is as much as I have been able to find. Is this right? I also know there is a lot missing.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

S

simonking

Can't help with the specifics of the Roland but also I can't be only one who doesn't understand the question here! Doesn't help that I have no idea what Western Swing is.

BobM

Site Supporter
Reaction score
simonking said:
Cant help with the specifics of the Roland but also I cant be only one who doesnt understand the question here! Doesnt help that I have no idea what Western Swing is.

I know what Western Swing is, and it sounds to me like youre trying to describe a turnaround chord sequence. It would be useful to have some audio examples, just to be sure.

BobM.

P

philcann

Thanks for your reply.

The following youtube site is where I have acquired some limited information:

donn

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Well, he does provide a "tab" with chord chart, tablature and notes (via a link in the youtube text.) I think it's going to be hard for any of us to top that.

BobM

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's some chords to "I got Rhythm" by George Gershwin, often just referred to just as "Rhythm" changes. These go right through a lot of swing and jazz styles, if you want it in a different key let me know.

BobM.

Attachments

• I Got Rhythm Bb.pdf
    47.6 KB · Views: 116