• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Wanting info on Excelsior Model 320

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FireflyNZ

Hi all I have found an accordion that belonged to my grandfather and I would love to know more about it if someone can point me in the right direction. I've just started to learn it (from youtube) but some history would be cool. I've tried Google but not sure what I'm looking for. Hope you can help

Peter

Attachments

• 20160802_003029_resized_1.jpg
    20160802_003029_resized_1.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 973
Hi Peter & Welcome - you're in New Zealand?

You could try googling Accordiana - which is what the A in the logo means.

You have a mid to late 50's Excelsior made "Accordiana" - Italian made - 3/4 reed - Quality machine made reeds - and has a very hearty construction.
Cleaned and tuned these are outstanding for their age.

I think it has 4 reeds? 3 middles and a low. Probably has a real nice musette sound.

Since it's a 320 does it have a 19 inch keyboard?
Nice accordion.

Without seeing the innards, could be a 4 reed ? - or 3 reed with mis-marked shifts ??

That's true. We can only speculate, unless we can see more? Firefly- can you post some more pictures, the insides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back