• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Wanted: Hohner Imperator V Bass Block set

Grillcloth

Reaction score
Hello, looking for a complete set of lefthhand bass blocks (and reeds if possible) for a Hohner Imperator V.

Thanks!

nagant27

Reaction score
Anyone know if the bass reed blocks are interchangeable with the imperator iv?

Sebastian Bravo

Reaction score
nagant27 said:
Anyone know if the bass reed blocks are interchangeable with the imperator iv?

I think it's possible, most of the hohner models share similar components. Like all the lucia bass blocks are interchangable between Lucia II, III, IIIP, IVP. Same with Atlantics, share the same basses between Atlantic III, IIIP, IV. Just the Atlantic IV N De Luxe has a L reed block, but you can place a normal one and the holes/reeds are the same, so imperators would be similar as well.

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can't tell you... yet. I found an Imperator V in a secret hiding location in the USA and have made plans to get one of these little Hohner beauties as soon as the borders open up... which may be a looong time. :)

debra

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Reaction score
I can't tell you... yet. I found an Imperator V in a secret hiding location in the USA and have made plans to get one of these little Hohner beauties as soon as the borders open up... which may be a looong time. :)
If there is one thing the imperator V is not, it is "one of these little Hohner beauties". It is quite massive, with "metalbau" and cassotto... more like an Atlantic on steroids, with nicer sound.

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
About 29lbs with straps (maybe 30lbs after I add 4" straps to it too), was what I measured. Not bad for a double Cassotto 5/5 accordion and still lighter compared to my Morino's 34lbs with 4"straps. Not light by any standard... but no weight record setter either. Kind of makes the low-end of the heavy-weight class, IMHO. I don't foresee any issues me using it until I am much older...or maybe never if I continue to take care of myself! :)

What attracted me was the sweet sound and *21* very usable and unique registers *plus* a rich sounding 22nd master palm switch, none of which repeat. Most of the time we see 11, 13 or 15 registers... 22 is amazing and, I *think* only beaten by the Imperator 120 VS which has 29 unique registers plus a 30th master palm switch. I spent a year looking for a VS, found several, but they were either way overpriced or in very poor condition.

The Imperator V that I found is in like factory new condition and recently professionally tuned and refurbished and the price was a STEAL... fantastic versatility from an acoustic accordion. It is going to be very hard to get to it... I am very scared to ship it and it is in the USA and our borders are closed and looking to remain closed for a long time yet. I've secured it... it's mine... but the situation is not an easy one to resolve for the time being.

Last edited:

debra

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Reaction score
The Imperator V that I found is in like factory new condition and recently professionally tuned and refurbished and the price was a STEAL... fantastic versatility from an acoustic accordion. It is going to be very hard to get to it... I am very scared to ship it and it is in the USA and our borders are closed and looking to remain closed for a long time yet. I've secured it... it's mine... but the situation is not an easy one to resolve for the time being.
Very frustrating that you found and bought the rare accordion you were looking for and now you cannot actually get to it. Shipping is indeed always a risky business so I understand that you would rather go collect it in person. Alas, not possible right now. In the past I have needed to ship a delicate computer (computers were much more delicate 30 years ago than they are now) and what we did was to put it in a crate that could probably hold about 5 of these computers. 80% of the crate was filled with "stuffing", cushioning the computer on all sides. Sadly accordions are typically shipped in a box with maybe 1" of foam around them on all sides. If a larger box were used with at least 5" (10" is better) of foam around it then shipping would be quite safe regarding damage (not regarding theft unfortunately).

Tom

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Maybe I could paddle it across one of these great lakes to you.... Meet me on the north shore at midnight.