- Aug 16, 2020
- Reaction score
- Washington, DC, USA
Vintage 4/5 Paolo Soprani in excellent condition, for pickup only in the Washington DC metropolitan area (Maryland/DC/Northern Virginia).
- 41/120 treble keys, 19½” keyboard
- approx. 28 lbs.
- 4 treble reed ranks (LMMH) with palm-master and 11 treble registers/shift switches
- Middle MM reeds tuned to a light-to-moderate tremolo
- Unusual “Vibrado” feature, meant to mechanically simulate a bellows-shake sound, can be switched in if desired. (You can see the workings of this in some of the attached photos.)
- Old-style Terlinde microphone pickups installed. A cable to connect the Terlinde connector to a standard ¼" audio jack, is included.
- Chest/bellows protector pad installed, in excellent condition
- All hardware is present and functioning, with no physical damage. Reed wax is in very good condition. Reeds, valves, bellows, clips, corners, bass strap, bellows straps, register switches, and all mechanisms are in excellent condition
- Italian-made padded leather shoulder straps (with back strap) in excellent condition
- Well-maintained, in-tune, air-tight. This accordion has always been stored and handled properly. It is clean, with no rust, odors, mold, or mildew.
- The keyboard is flat and plays well.
- This is a great-looking accordion. It has a sound that is robust, cutting and “up-front,” with a deep, full tone. The clarinet (M) and piccolo (H) reeds are bright and clear. The bassoon (L) reeds and all bass-side (left hand manual) reeds produce rich, low frequencies.
- Hard carrying-case (black) is clean, odor-free, and in excellent condition