• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Victor's Doina

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don Roberts

It is different for sure, has a haunting quality, notice how he bends those notes.

M

mjh

The humming, or whatever it is, fits the song perfectly. Haven't had the pleasure of hearing anyone bending notes while performing before. Now off to practice whistling ;)

S

smdc66

not impressed , poor choice of clothes and so really dark and dingy :lol:

introduce him to marco :roll: :mrgreen: :idea:

Anyanka

Prolific poster
Reaction score
I like it. A lot. Thank you.

It reminds me a little of Dancas Ocultas - a portuguese band of 4 melodeonists. They also use strange vocal effects over squeezebox.

Also, could you explain your tagline, Jedes Herz ist eine revolutionäre Zelle? Just curious...

M

mjh

I heard a song from Dancas Ocultas quite recently, have to admit I didn't investigate further because of their name :oops: I'll be sure to give them another chance.

The tagline is a militant leftist slogan from the 60s or 70s, and means roughly that the power to make a difference is within each and everyone of us. It just stuck with me when I was reading about the subject years back, it's beautifully put.

M

mjh

It does help Donn :tup:
E: You just never know about these folk bands. Now where's a suspicious emote when you need one!

Status
Not open for further replies.