• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Victoria Accordions

Reaction score
Hey, guys:

I have heard a lot of bad things about them.
I payed 50% of price and actually I'm doubting to pay the rest of money.
Please, what is your opinion about Victoria Accordions? Are they reliable or not?
My main doubt is about their service and quality postsales.
Thank you!

Victoria made and still makes some fabulous accordions. They still support and make their classic models, like the one Richard Galliano plays, and at the same time they innovate and invested in their "pure wood" models and in making accordions lighter.
Victoria do provide post-sales service, but when you do need their service shipping both ways can be an issue. Most people who buy a new accordion (from any factory) do so through a dealer who offers warranty, maintenance and repairs. It is generally a bad idea to buy an accordion directly from a factory unless you are skilled in accordion maintenance and repair. You can get an accordion serviced by an accordion dealer who did not sell the accordion to you, but you will always be a less desirable customer than the customers who buy an accordion at the dealer.
Shipping often goes well but sometimes (and still too often) an accordion gets damaged in transport (through no fault of the manufacturer) and then you have a problem that the shipping company and the manufacturer may disagree on who is responsible and accountable for the damages...
I therefore always recommend that people buy through a dealer or order directly from the manufacturer and then travel (to Castelfidardo in this case) to collect the accordion. You can spend some time inspecting the instrument, and they are ready and willing to fix any issues you still find, no shipping involved. As you have stated Barcelona as your location, traveling to Castelfidardo to collect the accordion is certainly a viable option and I would strongly recommend this over having the accordion shipped to you.
I'm not sure what "bad things" you may have heard. You have to consider that when out of every 100 items (accordions or anything else) produced 99 are perfectly fine and 1 has problems, the 1 problem item is the one you are most likely to hear or read about. That's how our on-line world tends to work.

Well, I am sure that Victoria makes lower end models as they make higher end models.

Their higher end models are at the top of the heap with the best accordions in the world, just like their price would indicate.

What year and model Victoria are you specifically speaking about?

Victoria accordions were sold here in the US for 50+ years under the name Titano. Since the late 70.s they are now sold here as Victoria's.
Victoria models & sizes will easily match or excel the quality of current high end accordion makes.

Last edited:
I would be thrilled at the thought of having an accordion made by one of the worlds most famous accordion makers.

What model are you going for?

Last edited:
I like the Poeta line, especially the version in maple wood. Apparently all Victoria wooden accordions are constructed from maple or spruce from the Val di Fiemme, the region where Antonio Stradivari selected the trees from which to construct the fabled string instruments. I played one (no not a Stradivarius:)) at Musikmesse a few years ago and was really impressed.

2 cases: 1- a friend purchased an accordion in Cast. Walked in the back where it was being packed, found the reeds being swapped out! (Don’t know the brand). 2- Another friend bought a different one in Cast. after playing it, had it shipped home…different sound!

2 cases: 1- a friend purchased an accordion in Cast. Walked in the back where it was being packed, found the reeds being swapped out! (Don’t know the brand). 2- Another friend bought a different one in Cast. after playing it, had it shipped home…different sound!
Strange things can happen in the accordion world... Reeds being swapped is something I heard of mainly with people getting old super accordions like the Scandalli Super VI or the Hohner Gola serviced. Some dishonest repairers may either suggest to replace the old "worn out" reeds by new ones or may just do it without telling the owner.
It has happened a few times that after I serviced an accordion the owner notices differences in areas I didn't touch. (Often they notice improvements I did not try to achieve.) The reality is that even just after one week without your accordion (and possibly playing a different one in the meantime) you may not remember its sound well enough to notice any change in the sound from before and after (except tuning differences of course).

Well all I can comment about this is that 7 years ago I purchased a Poeta (in my profile pic) by talking to them over email only. It worked out well for me, but I also have a local technician who has been able to service a couple of things in the years that I have owned it.
They were:
Bellows gasket was the wrong size from the factory and kept getting caught on my pants and pulled out.
The D reed on the bass went bad and had to be replaced.
Enlarging the breathing hole for the air button so the bellows would close quicker with less pressure.

To me these were minor and to some extent expected, so I was not bothered by them.
One thing that I noticed is that the factory is sometimes takes a day or two to get back to you about something, so if you are expecting immediate responses or need a lot of "hand holding" then this is probably not the way to buy an accordion and you should get a dealer involved.
Ben

Bueno, estoy seguro de que Victoria hace modelos de gama baja como hacen modelos de gama alta.

Sus modelos de gama alta están en la cima del montón con los mejores acordeones del mundo, tal como lo indicaría su precio.

¿De qué año y modelo Victoria hablas específicamente?
Hola. Mi acordeón es un Ac210V Orquesta I. Año 2022.

Victoria made and still makes some fabulous accordions. They still support and make their classic models, like the one Richard Galliano plays, and at the same time they innovate and invested in their "pure wood" models and in making accordions lighter.
Victoria do provide post-sales service, but when you do need their service shipping both ways can be an issue. Most people who buy a new accordion (from any factory) do so through a dealer who offers warranty, maintenance and repairs. It is generally a bad idea to buy an accordion directly from a factory unless you are skilled in accordion maintenance and repair. You can get an accordion serviced by an accordion dealer who did not sell the accordion to you, but you will always be a less desirable customer than the customers who buy an accordion at the dealer.
El envío a menudo va bien, pero a veces (y aún con demasiada frecuencia) un acordeón se daña durante el transporte (sin culpa del fabricante) y luego tiene el problema de que la empresa de envío y el fabricante pueden estar en desacuerdo sobre quién es responsable de los daños. ...
Por lo tanto, siempre recomiendo que la gente compre a través de un distribuidor o haga un pedido directamente al fabricante y luego viaje (a Castelfidardo en este caso) para recoger el acordeón. Puede pasar algún tiempo inspeccionando el instrumento, y están listos y dispuestos a solucionar cualquier problema que aún encuentre, sin necesidad de envío. Como ha indicado Barcelona como su ubicación, viajar a Castelfidardo para recoger el acordeón es sin duda una opción viable y lo recomendaría encarecidamente a que le envíen el acordeón.
No estoy seguro de qué "cosas malas" puede haber escuchado. Debe tener en cuenta que cuando de cada 100 artículos (acordeones o cualquier otra cosa) producidos, 99 están perfectamente bien y 1 tiene problemas, el 1 artículo problemático es el que es más probable que escuche o lea. Así es como nuestro mundo en línea tiende a funcionar.
Hola Finalmente he recibido el acordeón con éxito. El sonido es muy bueno (comparado con el anterior Hohner Nova II).
Muy de acuerdo con tu último párrafo.
Muchas gracias!
Un saludo cordial!

Back