• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Using vocal harmonizer with 8X or EVO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm looking for help from someone with experience successfully connecting a harmonizer with EVO. I have connected the evo midi out with a TC Helicon Voiceworks midi in and have been careful to set the harmonizer receive channels to correspond to the evo channels for Orch 1 and Orch 2. These sections are active and i can hear the audio samples on the accordion. However, no midi arrives at the harmonizer according to the midi indicator lights. I have verified that the harmonizer and cable work correctly with my other midi accordions. And, it was easy to set up with those accordions as well. Just plug in, set up the channel correspondence with the section i want the midi to follow and go. Not so with the EVO.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate your help.

Joe

Joe, you won't find many here that use a TC Helicon harmonizer... your best bet is right where you are in the other group (Roland FR-8X IO group or perhaps the Facebook EVO group).

I use vocal harmony all the time withe Korg PA3x or pa1000 which has tchelicon built in.
Send midi out from the left side chords. Then keep the chording very smooth.
Sing very smooth too…

Joe, you won't find many here that use a TC Helicon harmonizer... your best bet is right where you are in the other group (Roland FR-8X IO group or perhaps the Facebook EVO group).
Thanks, Jerry. I was on a short time fuse so i was shot gunning to get a solution. I think you know that i resolved it by replacing the defective harmonizer which somehow coincidentally went bad just as i switched it from my studio setup to live gigs. Since played multiple gigs with an alternate harmonizer and working well.

That accordion in your avatar is something. Looks like you play free bass.

Joe

God eye. :)
Just starting Free Bass over from scratch... this time committed to taking the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto Ontario exams and seeing how far I can get. Some books should be here within 1-3 weeks.

Glad your issue with the harmonizer was resolved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back