• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Transport of a Roland Accordion

brianr

Reaction score
I am purchasing a Roland accordion privately, it would be more convenient to have this posted rather than collect it due to the distance involved. I have read that they travel better than acoustic accordions due to being reedless, but what about the bass side? I have always packed the bass side of a traditional accordion for transit but would this be necessary with a Roland or is the mechanism very different? Any advice would be most appreciated.

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is no need to block the so called bass machine on a "V" accordion. Unlike an acoustic accordion the bass section is not mechanical.
The "V" accordion models are in effect constructed the same as a electronic keyboard with pads when depressed produce the voices. The real only real difference between a keyboard and a "V" accordion is that it's volume is powered by the bellows. You ship a "V" accordion in the same as shipping a keyboard. make sure it's fitted snug and cushioned for protection.
Good luck with the Roland. What model ???

brianr

Reaction score
There is no need to block the so called bass machine on a "V" accordion. Unlike an acoustic accordion the bass section is not mechanical.
The "V" accordion models are in effect constructed the same as a electronic keyboard with pads when depressed produce the voices. The real only real difference between a keyboard and a "V" accordion is that it's volume is powered by the bellows. You ship a "V" accordion in the same as shipping a keyboard. make sure it's fitted snug and cushioned for protection.
Good luck with the Roland. What model ???
.Thank you very much Jim D, I just wanted a not-too-complicated instrument that I could play silently in our apartment without causing a nuisance to neighbours. I am 75 and not bothered about 100's of different sounds so have gone for an affordable FR-3s. Thanks again for the information. Regards, Brian