• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Transcribing music from a mute footage

Siegmund

Reaction score

Lucio76

Reaction score
OMG! Yes!
You are right!
I gave up too quickly with Strauss....I remembered the theme of the first page of the score above but I didn't remember where to search it.

My transcription is quite wrong!
I've misinterpreted a lot of stuff, anyway, it was fun.

Thank you so much!

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds very much like the "Tale from the Vienna Woods" Strauss piece.

Check from the 2:15 min point on.

EDIT... seems the above video was posted 2 times... lol. Oh well, proof that we tried our best to help!

Last edited:

Lucio76

Reaction score
It would help if you could find out what model of accordion he is playing, but I'm guessing from the age that it's either musette or violin voice. But I could easily be wrong.
From Reddit:

"I took a look at the forum post and saw someone had a question about the model. When Toni was a boy, Professor Biedrzycki was his accordion teacher who owned a music store in Poletown Detroit. Toni's dad (John) was the landlord of the building, and when the Great Depression hit, Mr. Biedrzycki could not afford rent. John said to Toni: "YOU are going to be an accordion player." So, Mr. Biedrzycki gave Toni an accordion and lessons in lieu of rent for many years.

Here's the clearest photo of the accordion that I have. Not sure if it might show any clues about the manufacturer."

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, "Biedrzycki's Special Model." Must have been a custom grille he had made, probably to sell the "Special Model" to his students. Import or made in Chicago. Cool story.