• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Tornado damage Kentucky

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks from the US, Dingo. 😪😪😪

Buttons

Reaction score
It is so sad to see the lives lost and lives ruined. I can only hope that help comes and is given to all who are effected. The total devastation is really bad.

Reactions: Tom

Buttons

Reaction score
I should have written, that I know a little of the tornado damage in Alabama where I have a relation but it is almost singular by comparison.

Reactions: Tom

Ffingers

Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Phillipines just got blasted by a tornado, and it's moving on to Vietnam.
There are world-wide weather extremes occuring and much more is forecast to come.

Waldo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
When my Baffetti DBA arrives, sometime in March 2022, I'm planning to pick it up in Houston, Texas and proceed on to east Texas/Louisana on a tornado chase. I sincerely hope any I manage to view do not result in injury or death to anybody. I have long been an extreme weather/nature buff and hope to witness a tornado before "calling it a day" ("life"?).
I hope this post does not offend any mid-westerners, it's just something that fascinates me. I recently viewed a video of the 1986 Norman, Oklahoma, EF5 tornado, wherein the audio exclaimed "My God, there goes a horse", which was visible several hundred feet off the ground.
As a SoCal resident, I have experienced a number of significant earthquakes and a minor tsunami in Morro Bay, CA, where the bay emptied completely, revealing lost outboard motors and other surprising debris.
I also witnessed the Mount St. Helens volcanic eruption in 1980. The resultant ash cloud reduced vision to about 20 feet, clogging my vehicles air filter to where it stopped the engine!
Mother Nature deserves/requires respect.

Respectfully....
Waldo

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When my Baffetti DBA arrives, sometime in March 2022, I'm planning to pick it up in Houston, Texas and proceed on to east Texas/Louisana on a tornado chase. I sincerely hope any I manage to view do not result in injury or death to anybody. I have long been an extreme weather/nature buff and hope to witness a tornado before "calling it a day" ("life"?).
I hope this post does not offend any mid-westerners, it's just something that fascinates me. I recently viewed a video of the 1986 Norman, Oklahoma, EF5 tornado, wherein the audio exclaimed "My God, there goes a horse", which was visible several hundred feet off the ground.
As a SoCal resident, I have experienced a number of significant earthquakes and a minor tsunami in Morro Bay, CA, where the bay emptied completely, revealing lost outboard motors and other surprising debris.
I also witnessed the Mount St. Helens volcanic eruption in 1980. The resultant ash cloud reduced vision to about 20 feet, clogging my vehicles air filter to where it stopped the engine!
Mother Nature deserves/requires respect.

Respectfully....
Waldo
As an accordion playing midwesterner with all due respect for mother nature, I am not offended. I think it would be very cool to witness a tornado, although I don't share your desire to seek them out. Closest one I've experienced was about a mile from my house, took out some farm buildings. I've spent enough days huddling in the basement with the kids.

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
While living in Dallas, I was at work and saw one from about 5 miles away and it was TERRIFYING. Fun fact... most Texans told me that they preferred living through a tornado than a Canadian winter storm. One can easily survive a direct CA storm outside for days with minor preparations and common sense... very few houses and cars survived standing through the wake of a tornado of the size that I saw, no matter how much prep time and common sense you had!

First thought I had when reading the first post was "I hope everyone was ok:.." and the 2nd one was "I hope the Corvette Museum in Blowing Green survived...". :)

Waldo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here are some pics from the 1980 Joplin, Missouri EF-5.
BTW: The Corvette Museum survived being swallowed up by a GIANT sinkhole, so it's probably blessed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 12.52.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 12.52.52 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 12.53.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 12.53.30 AM.png
    825 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 12.54.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 12.54.16 AM.png
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 8

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here are some pics from the 1980 Joplin, Missouri EF-5.
BTW: The Corvette Museum survived being swallowed up by a GIANT sinkhole, so it's probably blessed.
There was a huge sinkhole incident there already a few years ago, and they have repaired and actually made it part of the exhibit. once this covid BS is under control, its one of the places I intend to go back and visit again.

Jerry

Waldo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you seen the new mid-engine model. Very cool and reasonable price.

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you seen the new mid-engine model. Very cool and reasonable price.
I've driven the mid-engine variant several times... its amazing, but they are much more expensive in Canada, and the just released 2023 Z06 model would be the one I'd order... if I had $175,000 CA to spare. :)

Waldo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yikes! They are under $100,000 here. $80,000 something if I remember correctly. Better get one before they go electric.

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yikes! They are under $100,000 here. $80,000 something if I remember correctly. Better get one before they go electric.
The newly released 2023 Z06 is a lot more... think that the options on this car can easily come close to, if not over $40,000 (Just the Z07 package and carbon fibre rims are $20,000... lol). Add 30% or more for CA rot USA currancy conversion and our 15.56% taxes to anything, then you start to get close to my local prices. That is a healthy downpayment for a house around here... lol :)

Last edited:

Waldo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know that you're a fan, so no insult intended, but,
I'd get a 1958 Knobbly Lister before I'd drop that kinda money on a Chevy.
Different strokes for different folks.

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know that you're a fan, so no insult intended, but,
I'd get a 1958 Knobbly Lister before I'd drop that kinda money on a Chevy.
Different strokes for different folks.
There are many other things I would drop that money on before I spent it on a 2023 Z06... but yeah, I am a bit of a 'Vette Z06 enthusiast.

This one is sitting in my garage waiting for spring. :)

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 7.57.13 PM.png