• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

TomBR another ex Accordion Forum

TomBR

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Like others whose names I recognised immediately on arrival here, I thoroughly enjoyed, and was reasonably active, on the late Accordion Forum and I was sorry when it closed.

Fairly new to PA, my main instrument is fiddle, playing British, Irish, and American traditional music and even getting paid for it at times! Having played other free reeds, and piano-keyboarded things for many years I've been enjoying PA a lot, once I got over the strangeness of notes that don't change with bellows changes! I won't keep saying so, but any comments I make on musical style matters are likely to be primarily from a fiddle viewpoint.

Presently playing a little Hohner Student III 32 bass which I restored and retuned. I've got a 48 bass Student IV to restore when time allows. I'm thinking of reorganising reeds to give a B row at the bass end. I believe Anyanka has a 48 bass with this adjustment.
There's also a 48 12x4 Frontalini awaiting restoration - I hope it may have a similar sound to the one Becky Price sometimes plays, and the one Basil Bunelik plays in some Youtube clips. It also has the nice Frontalini bellows papers!
There's also a Hohner 72 bass 3 voice Arietta which is in tolerable playing condition, but that's on long term loan to a friend who had great need of something to play.

All the best,
Tom

Matt Butcher

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello again, it will be good to hear from your voice of experience again.

Tom

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Hey Tom, welcome! I think if your name is Tom and you are on this board it is required that you have a whole bunch of accordions sitting around waiting to restore...... Tom

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Tom - welcome 'over here'. :) ..